Scope of the Position:
• To ensure that all hotel standards are applied in the housekeeping areas like in all guest villas, pantries and public areas. To maintain a good and enjoyable work environment. To perform and execute all Housekeeping operations in accordance with the resort standards set by the management.
• Report daily to the Housekeeping Office in complete uniform and collect all materials & equipment needed. Then reports to assigned area.
• Perform duties following prescribed procedures.
• Clean all guest villas as per the Housekeeping standards and best practices.
• Report any discrepancies in villa status to the Housekeeping Office and Supervisor accordingly
• Report immediately all emergencies, i.e., overflowing toilets, malfunctioning air conditioning units, etc. to the Housekeeping Office.
• Report any illness, accidents befalling guests, irregularities to the Housekeeping Office.
• Bring immediately to the Housekeeping Office any item(s) left behind from check-out villas, and follow the standard operating procedure.
• Contribute to the morale and team spirit of the resort by maintaining effective relationships with colleagues.
• Perform additional duties as directed by supervisors.
• Make appropriate suggestions and recommendations to supervisors for the general improvement of the resort.
• Luxury resort experience is preferred, 1-2 years experience in similar position.
Qualifications and Language:
• Secondary education completed.
• Good English with the ability to communicate clearly.
• An additional language, especially Arabic, would be preferred.
• Outgoing, guest-oriented, service-minded, strong physical condition, flexible, and has a passion for self-improvement
Package of Benefits and Entitlements:
• Basic monthly salary is competitive, free of tax.
• Minimum guaranteed monthly Service Charge of USD$200.00 and monthly average is USD 350.00.
• Hours of work are 45 hours per week, including 30 minutes break in a day, with 2 days off per week.
• 30 days paid annual leave (including off days).
• Other leave: Paternity - 6 days, Maternity - 50 days, Sick Leave – as per Oman Labour Law, Pilgrimage (Hajj) – 15 days, Emergency – 6 days a year, Marriage – 3 days one time during employment and Bereavement – 3 days immediate family and 2 days indirect family.
• Public Holidays as per the published list by the Government of Oman (Normally 13 days per year).
• Joining and end of contract economy air ticket.
• Vacation economy return air ticket to home country after 2 years of service.
• A group medical insurance scheme covering accidents and hospitalization benefits.
• Complimentary trips to Dibba, Oman & Dibba,UAE every day; Dubai, UAE on daily basis except Thursday; and Muscat trip once weekly.
• Semi furnished single room on a shared facilities basis at the resort.
• All meals provided complimentary in the Host Restaurant.
• Laundry for uniform and 2 pieces of personal clothes per day.
• Upon completion of six months service, will be eligible for the Host of the Month and Host of the Year nominations.
• Entitled for end of service Gratuity of 15 days pay for each year of service for the first three years and one month for each of the following years in service. Shall not be payable if the duration of service is less than 1 year. (Applicable to expats only.)