Assistant Front Desk Manager
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Full job details
Marriott International - Middle East and Africa
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Front Office, Front Office Manager
Description Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer. The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers. Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city. The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience. Qualifications JOB SUMMARY Manage all front desk operations and ensure that all front desk associates adhere to policies, procedures, regulations and standards presented by hotel management. Ensuring that front desk operation runs smoothly in a professional manner at all times. Perform all front desk related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required. Perform duty manager related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required. Ensure all front desk agents have a clear expectations set to prioritize their responsibilities. Serve as BSA Champion for the Front Office Department. Ensure appropriate and adequate training of all front desk associates and supervisors including all on-the-job, off-the-job and 15min training Scope/Business Context
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 2
- Titles of Direct Reports – Front Desk Agent/Team Leader & Front Desk Supervisor
- Adequate experience in a similar supervisory position within front office department minimum 3 years within high volume 4 or 5 star hotel.
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Problem Solving and Complain Handling
- Development, Coaching and Training skills
- Multi Tasking
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Opera/Marsha/IMS/Guestware/Microsoft office and other systems knowledge Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
- Be familiar with Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
- Have a thorough knowledge of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai products and services.
- Be fully aware of the Marriott Brand standard compliance requirements for all front office sections.
- Maintain good working relationship with all hotel departments.
- Have a good knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and direction to guests whenever needed.
- Check House Count to establish selling strategy for the shift. Monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
- Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings.
- Demonstrate and promote quality awareness amongst front office team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front desk associates.
- Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper handling of all guest accounts.
- Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
- Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance. Inform your manager and concerned departments about any possible credit risks.
- Have thorough knowledge of operational requirements for the front desk area.
- Be familiar and promote Marriott Rewards Program and encourage all front office associates in order to achieve monthly target.
- Have a thorough knowledge on virtual concierge and ensure that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to other departments.
- Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, Guestware and other front office related operational software
- Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the front office operations