Chef De Partie
The Chef de Partie assists the Sous Chef to lead, manage and organize all requirements for his respective Kitchen to the highest standards and in accordance to the standard operating procedures as emanated by the Executive Chef. Ensures proper sanitation in the outlet kitchen under his jurisdiction, adequate stocks of food & beverage, inter – department coordination and training. Carries full responsibility of the operating equipment including its inventory levels.
Communicates with guest and shares feed back with Chefs and Management to ensure high levels of food and service quality and guest satisfaction are maintained at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Help with the breakfast M.E.P.
- Check the clearing of M.E.P and store all left over in the refrigerator.
- Keep your working place tidy, clean and sanities’.
- After cooking each dish working area must be kept clean.
- Cover all dishes with foil or film paper before entering the cold room to avoid bacteria.
- Help the Chef when asked to do so.
- Prepare food as per order given by Executive Chef/Sous Chef.
- Supervise and train all kitchen staff in their daily duties.
- Ensure the kitchen is generally clean and tidy before departing.
- Keep working place tidy, clean and sanitised.
- At the end of shift ensure the equipment used is cleaned and in good working condition and reports any malfunction to the Chef’s office.
- Help other cook in any department when asked to do so.
- Clear all unused M.E.P in a clean container, cover it with foil or film paper and store in its specific place.
- Ensure completion of M.E.P before service.
- Assists in the preparation and/or prepare food items as per order given by Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Chef de Partie to fulfill guest request.
- Produce dishes as per recipes, photos and set standards.
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas.
- Maintain a safe work environment. Report and/or rectify safety hazards.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management