Guest Relations Language Specialist - German
The Guest Services Agent is responsible for looking after guests, including organizing their in house reservations, arrival, in house stay, requests and departure. The Guest Service Officer is responsible to provide fast, efficient and courteous service at all times to guests. He/She makes sure that the daily duties of the Reception are carried out and deals with all guest queries by providing accurate information and proper follow up.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At Management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Offer graceful, personalized and caring service towards all guests as you are an ambassador of the Constance Lemuria Seychelles service philosophy
- Adhere to the grooming and etiquette standards of the resort
- Attend all the trainings that you are assigned to within your department or on a resort level
- Attend the daily briefing and keep yourself informed about all arrivals of the day
- Check and ensure that all traces and guest requests for future arrivals have been pre arranged by coordinating with other departments and place the same information in traces and guests are contacted 1 week prior to arrival in order to anticipate the resort experience and offer pre-arrival assistance if needed
- Ensure that all arrival guests receive a welcome as per resort standards and all departure guests receive a farewell as per resort standard
- Ensure that all back to back arrival and departure guests and room moves are handled as per resort standards
- Ensure all the guests that you have checked in, corresponds to your language specialty or assigned to you by GSS or FO & GRM are contacted with courtesy calls as per resort standards
- Establish and maintain relationship with guests during their stay through eventual site inspections, courtesy calls, and assistance during the stay and visits in outlets
- Collect guest preferences and pass them on to all team members and guest comments and follow up
- Handle and follow up guest issues or requests as per resort standard
- Keep Guest Relation Desk in Reception Area manned at all times and neat and tidy at all times.
- Promote and execute the booking of restaurants, private functions and excursions
- Ensure that all daily guest information documents are completed and printed in timely manner (daily newsletter, various confirmation letters, etc)
- Coordinate with Porters the transfer of the guests and their luggage whilst in resort
- Assist the Reception, Telephone Operators and Porters when required.
- Use communication tools in place to follow up on all guest arrangements or requests (@your Wish traces and Lotus calendar)
- Familiar with all Constance Lemuria Seychelles FO procedures and standards, and act accordingly
- Be familiar with all OPERA functions necessary for daily FO tasks
- Use correctly all cashier functions (as per cashier training list signed off)
- Able to read and understand reservation summary, complimentary forms and vouchers and take reservation requests in case of absence of Reservation Coordinator
- Have basic knowledge of airlines and ticket handling procedures and follow up on guest lost luggage situations
- Follow billing instructions mentioned in reservation summary, COMP forms or check out alerts and ensure that guest bills are delivered to them accurately and the evening before departure
- Use the electronic key system and operate “safety box open in guest room” procedure
- Drive the resort buggies as per standard
- Keep Lotus calendar updated in order to be able to follow up on guest requests and organize desk operation
- Handle and ensure that all incoming calls, in house calls, routing calls from departments and guests, local calls, trunk calls, and long distance calls are handled in an efficient and courteous manner as per resort standards.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing resort and guest fax messages and guest messages keep them logged in fax/message log book as per resort standard
- Ensure that all requests for wake-up calls are indeed fulfilled at the required time. Follow procedures by contacting Night Manager immediately if the guest does not answer a wake-up call or contact the HOD or MOD.
- Print guest documents needed for FO daily guest operation
- Ensure that all the equipment in the department is in working order and in good condition, and that the work area is clean at all times.
- Be familiar with all department heads and other team member names and their extension numbers.
- Know all emergency numbers (i.e. fire department, police department, doctor on duty, tsunami warning centers, department heads... etc.).
- Protect guest privacy and Team member by not giving out guest name or room number to a caller at any time. Protect team member privacy by not giving out employees personal details to a caller at any time. Be aware of all daily functions or events happening in resort
- Executes daily duties as per departmental and resort SOP’s