Mechanic Department: Engineering & Maintenance Property: Constance Ephelia Region: Seychelles Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract Description
The Mechanic is responsible to keep all the mechanical equipment in operable condition at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair , check and fix all bicycle ( resort assets ) to the required standards.
- Ability to assemble new bicycles from scratch when main component/parts are supplied separately and do the required adjustments to put the cycle in service.
- Specific bicycles skills required are
- Wheel building, wheel truing, tire changing (tubular and tubeless)
- Crank arm replacement
- Derailleur replacement
- Headset overhaul
- Derailleur replacement
- Brakes replacement and adjustments
- Replacements of all types of cables
- Chain checking/replacements
- Keep an updated log of all maintenance and repair works undertaken on all the bicycles.
- Assist with the ordering of spare parts ( bicycles and scooters only ) to maintain sufficient inventory for repairs and maintenance of the fleet so that they remain in good conditions.
- Assist with regular scheduled service at every 500 hours on the diesel generator sets and ancillary equipment.
- Undertake repairs and maintenance (preventive and corrective) on mechanical equipment which includes diesel generators, gasoline and diesel powered equipment, scooters, club cars and gym equipment.
- Inspect, diagnose, repair and adjust mechanical defects in equipment.
- Evaluate status of mechanical equipment and vehicles and perform or schedule needed repairs
- Provide emergency field assistance to disabled equipment as needed and appropriate.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service
- Assist the service providers during maintenance service, repairs and overhauls of generators, club cars , gym equipment and other specialized mechanical equipment as when required.
- Assist with the ordering of spare parts to maintain sufficient inventory for repairs and maintenance.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Report all disciplinary grievances to the Preventive Maintenance Manager.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate security and safety standards
- Organise and maintain a clean service area and maintenance building.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Chief Engineer/Chief Engineer
- Ensure Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met.
- Ensure and maintain that Health and Safety practices are followed at all times.
- Adhere to fire alarm or any emergency statutory procedures in the event of fire.
- Promote energy efficiency and environment and identify improvement to support the green globe Policy.
- In case of fire or any other emergency, the Maintenance Assistant should be present with the team to assist the Emergency Team
- Ensure that any breakdown of equipment and services are immediately reported and dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Ensure that in the context of the operations, all standards of management for the environment and its related legislation are strictly observed.