Human Resources Director - Regional Human Resources Director
The Human Resources Director holds a position of strategic importance within the organisation. He/She has the overall responsibility of the efficiency and effectiveness of the HR function.
He/She advises the Management of the hotel - GM and HODs in all HR matters.
He/She is responsible for the continuous coaching, training and development of the HR Manager and Team Members
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities.
- Ensure overall effectiveness and efficiency of the HR Department
- Overall management of recruitment and selection procedures more specifically recruitment of Executives and Managers
- Guide and support management with application of discipline according to company policies and procedures and local legal provisions
- Develop and recommend appropriate HR policies and procedures
- Review existing standard operating procedures and key HR processes for the HR function whenever required.
- Administer the salary & benefits table
- Preparation and monitoring of annual HR budgets
- Preparation and monitoring of the annual business plan for the HR Dept.
- Act as Balanced Scorecard ‘Champion’ for the whole resort by training new Executives/HODs on BSC concept and coordinating quarterly performance reviews together with the GM.
- Ensure strict adherence to HR policies and procedures and SOPs at all times
- Advise management staff on Employment law and industrial relations
- Guide and assist management and HODs in managing employee training and development to meet their abilities and aspiration in conjunction with the training manager.
- Oversee the management of G.O.P application, payments follow-up renewal.
- Ensure promotion of Health & Safety of all employees
- Ensure control of staffing within established manning levels.
- Apply control of payroll and payroll related costs within the budgeted limits.
- Report regularly to management on HR issues that necessitate attention.
- Liaise with the Group HRM and/or Group HR Administrator to keep them apprised of HR issues encountered as well as to obtain required approval to pursue in HR matters
- Represent Company in various forums and instances - Ministry of Employment, Immigration services, Ministry of Tourism, Tourism Academy, etc.
- Hold weekly meetings with HODs to identify & suggest solutions to HR issues that may arise.
- Conduct regular training needs analysis and coordinate training initiatives with CHTC and respective Executives/HODs.
- Participate in the coaching and counselling of the HR Manager and team Members
- Ensure follow-up on grievances lodged.
- Perform relevant duties as assigned by Management.
- At least 10 years of proven generalist HR experience including the ability to work at both operational and strategic level
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- A previous HRM position held successfully in a top of the range luxury resorts in a remote location / island would be an advantage
- Influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practices
- Previous experience in industrial relations management
- Capacity to anticipate future needs and identify opportunities to learn new things for current and future needs in the department
- Facility to think laterally to identify and develop creative solutions
- Used to take action to improve standards of excellence
- Ability to manage the stress effectively