To be responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategies plans and the management of supplier relationship. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, production, inventory control, quality control and factory control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Assisting the Purchasing Manager in purchasing the right goods and materials at the right price, at the required quality and in the right volume to ensure a cost effective approach to purchasing within the hotel
- Working with internal and external customers to ensure a smooth line of communication so that all requirements are met effectively
- Preparation of orders in line with business requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that price quotation is up-to-date.
- Monitors vendor reliability and dependability and established contacts with prospective suppliers.
- Spot-checks Market/Grocery List. Any deviation from the established procedure should be brought to the attention of Purchasing Manager and Chef with regard to market conditions, product availability, seasonality and price trends.
- Makes periodical market survey with the assistance of Heads of Department or Outlet Manager concerned.
- Secures delivery of required Market List items at reasonable prices and in keeping with the Hotel's quality standards.
- Checks price quotation obtained for all items bought.
- Ensures that purchase request log is properly maintained, and place order.
- Distributes Purchases Request copies in a timely manner, maintains accurate and up-to-date files.
- Follows up pending Purchase Request or order.
- Handles Emergency Purchase Request.
- Ensures that quotation Card is kept up-to-date
- Carries out corporate Policy and Procedure ; observes procedures outlined.
- Pays particular attention to discrepancies between quoted and delivered prices noted by Receiving Clerk, and obtain clarification from suppliers.
- Working closely with the Heads of Department to ensure effective stock control.
- Product Knowledge