Junior Sous Chef - Pastry
Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
Junior Sous Chef (Pastry)
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- To ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and\or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- To conduct daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues in absence of the Sous Chef
- To ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- To liaise with the Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- To maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- To have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- To ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- To follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- To follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate and culinary school certificate.
- Must be HACCP trained and certified.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
Length and type of experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the role.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Work well under pressure.
- Creative and innovative person.
- Teamwork and planning for Business.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Understanding Differences, Supervising operations and adaptability.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Customer focus and result oriented.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- 2 year contract.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant, which is the largest in Maldives.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace including staff bar, staff pool, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped staff gym and staff sports complex / fields.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, opportunities for extracurricular courses.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.