Responsibilities and Obligations:
- To maintain the agreed quality and quantity of goods delivered by suppliers see that the hygiene procedures are followed correctly.
- To handle all the operational tasks which are committed by Purchase Manager
- To take out pending Purchasing order report on a day to day basis and forward to Purchase Manager
- To follow up with Accounts payables for reconciliation of suppliers payment grievances
- To verify the LPO as per comparisons justified and documented
- To keep the correspondences on Assets and capital expenditure purchases
- To ensure purchase orders and requests are technology enabled.
- To follow up with hotel engineer and kitchen for emergency issues.
- To float the enquiries by mail or fax or post and get the 3 quotations.
- To assist PM on comparison studies of various capex proposals
- To track the market news from daily media and update price penetration to PM
- To keep the media clippings for future reference
- To able to reach the hotel on holidays in case of emergency business arises but not on vacation
- To support the Stores and controls for getting cross training exposure
- To keep a track on items available with user departments.
- To handle the cash float and record them day to day basis in a prescribed format
- To make proper amendments when prices are changes as instructed by PM
- To support the store men on inventory levels and ensure operational get the items timely
- To inform Cost Controller in case of perishables not stored at cold rooms in time by Kitchen representative.
- To ensure all Delivery documents/Invoices are properly made by supplier while deliveries being made
- To ensure all the items are received in a proper pack with labels except vegetables and fruits.
- To maintain a filing list where all correspondences are recorded for anytime verification in detail
- To ensure the office is clean and tidy
- To ensure the weighing instruments are kept tidy by receiving clerk and free from any weight error
- To get a short supply note before lunch session and order them for subsequent deliveries if items are needed by Chef
- To monitor the rejection advice report and make summary and forward to PM and DOF
- To organise a meeting with PM, DOF, User & supplier for higher rejection reports
- To reach the market while absence of purchase coordinator or supplier have inabilities.
- To keep all files in a safe custody and neatly
- To promote efficiency, confidence, and courtesy towards colleagues.
- To generally promote and ensure good relations with Operational and department colleagues.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- To adhere to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times.
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- To comply with any reasonable request made by Department Head to the best of your ability.
- To make a timely suggestion to Controller simplifying documents and providing lead to avoid duplication issues.
- To ensure that the standards required by Qatar Law and by Department are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
Security, Safety and Health
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy.
- Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the General Manager and Security.
- Notifies housekeeper regarding lost and found objects.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the Manager.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- Good command of English language.
- 1 – 2 years experience working in hotels.
- MS Office, Fidelio, Golden Blue, and ability to adapt manual documentation when necessary
Interrelations: Liaises with all departments to ensure smooth operation and develops effective relationships with guests, business partners, local community, local authorities and intermediaries in order to create optimal business opportunities and community relations for the hotel.
Work Conditions: Regular hours with extra times occasionally.