Room Service Manager | Doha
Full job details
Mandarin Oriental, Doha will be the first Mandarin Oriental Hotel in the Middle East. It will be located in Mushaireb Downtown Doha. Msheireb Propertie's an ambitious development of a 35 hectare site adjacent to Doha's cultural gem, Souk Wakif and near the city's business centre in West Bay.
Do you see yourself as a Room Service Manager to join our pre-opening team of the Mandarin Oriental, Doha?
Are you passionate and enthusiastic about In Room Dining in hotels?
At Mandarin Oriental we employ colleagues with passion and willing to deliver the best service and experience to our guests.
- Overlook all operational and administrative aspects of In Room Dining.
- Overlook and coordinate the placement of guest amenities in guest rooms and manage the related aspects of minibar operation.
- Handle effectively any kind of customer complaints being verbal or written.
- Observe the competition, current market and international trends, prices with the market and other new ideas and react accordingly.
- Assist any requirements of the residents in the apartments including delivery of ingredients ordered.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to all In Room Dining colleagues at any time.
- Train, evaluate and schedule all colleagues.
- Create and maintain a great synergy between In Room Dining and all other F&B outlets.
- Work closely with the respective Chef de Cuisine and the Assistant Director of Food and Beverage to plan menus and work on a very effective flow.
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the F&B division.
- Observe all aspects of the business forecasts and plan effectively to make most efficient arrangements for manpower, equipment and supplies accordingly.
- Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, correct, spelled correctly, clean and presentable.
- Maintain an effective system for tracking clearance of trolleys and trays.
- Personally monitor and follow through on any orders or requirements of VIP guests who order service.
- Constantly drive and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight in house guests.
- Liaise with the Learning & Development Manager on departmental learning and development needs for all In Room Dining colleagues.
- Higher National Diploma or Vocational Diploma in Hospitality / Hotel Management.
- Minimum of 1.5 years of experience as In Room Dining or Restaurant Manager in a 5-star hotel.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
- Middle East experience.
- Excellent knowledge on computer systems.
- Solid experience with PMS and InfoGenesis system.
- Strong on the job and classroom style training skills and ability to mentor and develop team members at all time.
- Ability to plan and organise large projects and events.
- Experience in using documented performance management systems and handling disciplinary processes.
- Verbal & Written communication skills in Arabic.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Ability to oversee a large and complex area.
If you are interested in joining our pre-opening team apply today!