Lounge Manager | Doha
Full job details
Mandarin Oriental, Doha will be the first Mandarin Oriental Hotel in the Middle East. It will be located in Mushaireb Downtown Doha. Msheireb Propertie's an ambitious development of a 35 hectare site adjacent to Doha's cultural gem, Souk Wakif and near the city's business centre in West Bay.
Do you see yourself as a Lounge Manager to join our pre-opening team of the Mandarin Oriental, Doha?
Are you passionate and enthusiastic about Lounge in hotels?
At Mandarin Oriental we employ colleagues with passion and willing to deliver the best service and experience to our guests.
- Overlook all operational and administrative aspects of Baraha and Mandarin Lounge.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to all Lounge colleagues at any time.
- Train, evaluate and schedule all colleagues.
- Create and maintain a great synergy between the lounge and the other F&B outlets.
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the lounge at all times.
- Work closely with the respective Chef de Cuisine to plan menus, prices and promotional events for the lounge.
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the F&B division.
- Liaise with the Learning & Development Manager on departmental learning and development needs for all colleagues.
- Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, correct, spelled correctly, clean and presentable.
- Personally monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests who are dining in the Lounge.
- Constantly drive and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the Lounge.
- Handle effectively any kind of customer complaints being verbal or written.
- Plan and execute special promotional activities for the outlets and plan for festive season events related to the outlet.
- Observe the competition, current market and international trends, prices with the market and other new ideas and react accordingly.
- Higher National Diploma or Vocational Diploma in Hospitality / Hotel Management.
- Minimum of 1.5 years of experience as Lounge Manager or Restaurant Manager in a 5-star hotel.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
- International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East.
- Excellent knowledge on computer systems.
- Solid experience with PMS and InfoGenesis system.
- Strong on the job and classroom style training skills and ability to mentor and develop team members at all time.
- Ability to plan and organise large projects and events.
- Experience in using documented performance management systems and handling disciplinary processes.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Ability to oversee a large and complex area.
If you are interested in joining our pre-opening team apply today!