Experiences Manager (Guests' ActivitiesManager)
Scope of Position:
• Manage the Experiences (Recreation/Leisure) Department and guide the team.
• Proactive approach in directing, controlling and co-coordinating all Experiences activities ensuring the Experiences Department meets its financial and guest satisfaction objectives.
• Ensure that guest activities are arranged both within and outside the resort using only licensed and registered companies authorized by the resort.
• Responsible for the daily managing of the operations of the Experiences Department, adhering to the standards of the resort. Possess excellent organizational, time management and communication skills to provide general support and assistance to management.
• With high level of selling skills to build rapport with guests, ensuring the operation runs in a profitable and efficient manner.
• Strive to maintain high standards and possesses an exceptional understanding of customer service for the resort. Is passionate, creative and inspiring who can motivate and drive the Experiences staff to achieve superior levels of service and guest satisfaction.
• Outgoing, friendly disposition, and able to deal effectively with guests in a resort environment. Knowledge of accurate cash handling. Honesty and reliability a must. Must maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance. Willingness to work flexible hours and assist in other positions as business demands dictate.
Experience in a hotel or resort environment, with a 2-3 years at managerial level
Bachelors in Physical Education and Sports &/or Bachelors in Management or related course.
Skilled on Water and Land Sports and Activities.
• Must have a high degree of professional integrity and able to work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to accomplish all responsibilities and tasks.
Open-minded, willing to accept changes, strive to maximize the profitability of the resort, Outgoing, guest-oriented, service-minded, strong physical condition, flexible, and has a passion for self-improvement.
Package of Benefits and Entitlements:
• Competitive & free of tax.
• Minimum guaranteed monthly Service Charge of USD$200.00 or monthly average of USD 350.00
• Hours of work are 45 hours per week, including 30 minutes break in a day, with 2 days off per week.
• 30 days paid annual leave (including off days).
• Other leave: Paternity - 6 days / Maternity - 50 days, Sick Leave – as per Oman Labour Law, Pilgrimage (Hajj) – 15 days, Emergency – 6 days a year, Marriage – 3 days one time during employment and Bereavement – 3 days immediate family and 2 days for Uncle and Aunt.
• Public Holidays as per the published list by the Government of Oman (Normally 13 days per year).
• Joining and end of contract economy air ticket.
• Vacation economy return air ticket to home country after 1 year of service.
• A group medical insurance scheme covering accidents and hospitalization benefits.
• Complimentary trips to Dibba, Oman & Dibba,UAE every day; Dubai, UAE on daily basis except Thursday; and Muscat trip once weekly.
• Semi furnished single accommodation at the resort.
• All meals are provided complimentary in the Host Restaurant.
• Laundry for uniform and 4 pieces of personal clothes per day.
• Entitled for end of service Gratuity of 15 days pay for each year of service for the first three years and one month for each of the following years in service. Shall not be payable if the duration of service is less than 1 year. (applicable to expats only)