Bell Captain - Wyndham Dubai Marina, UAE
At Wyndham Worldwide, our Associates have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company’s global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties and approximately 679,100 rooms in 73 countries. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Dubai and other cities, the company employs approximately 9,000 associates worldwide. From the upper-upscale offerings of its Wyndham Grand® brand, to the distinctly comfortable and familiar properties of its globally recognized Days Inn®, Super 8®, Ramada®, Baymont Inns and Suite®, Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham®, Tryp by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Dolce Hotels and Resorts, Microtel Inn Suites by Wyndham® and Howard Johnson® brands, Wyndham Hotel Group prides itself on providing guests and franchisees with exceptional customer service, great value and the most lodging choices around the world.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an upscale, full-service brand located in key business and vacation destinations around the world. It offers the comfort and amenities you would expect in a world-class hotel, including beautifully appointed public areas, thoughtfully detailed guestrooms and distinct dining options. Business locations feature well-designed meeting space flexible enough to accommodate anything from an executive board meeting to a major sales conference, as well as business and fitness centers
When it comes to location, Wyndham Dubai Marina, will take your breath away. Surrounded by the reflective waters of Dubai Marina. The hotel is just a few minutes away from 'The Walk' at Jumeirah Beach, a hugely popular expansive stretch of beachside cafes, restaurants and shops.
The Bell Captain
The Bell Captain is responsible for assisting with the check-in/check-out processes and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. The Bell Captain is leading the team of Bellmen and Doormen, and making sure the Wyndham service standards are met.
Train, motivate and evaluate all new and existing bell/concierge staff.
Provide information and assist guests concerning: restaurants, theatre/musical productions, airlines, automobile rental, transportation directions, office services, beauty/barber establishments, and other appropriate services, and render reservations for such.
Oversee and supervise the lobby and Bellman/Doorman duties.
Maintain current listing of local and area attractions, special events and activities.
Create duty schedules for Bellmen and Doormen as needed.
- Load and unload luggage carts.
- Escort guests to rooms and familiarize them with hotel services and amenities (hours of outlets, pool, and exercise room, etc.). Inspect guest’s room to ensure it is in order and that supplies are adequate.
- Explain features of the room including operation of radio, television, telephone, in-room movie system, etc.
- Check/store luggage for arrivals and departures with luggage tags.
- Deliver messages to meeting rooms.
- Deliver flowers, laundry and packages to guestrooms.
- Assist with room changes.
- Assist Housekeeping with guest requests.
- Ensure lobby reader board is correct.
- Provide information, maps and directions as required.
- Answer console to assist guest service agents.
- Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasize the hotel’s amenities.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Similar work experience in 4 or 5 star properties
- Good communication and supervisory skills
- Outgoing personality and customer focused
- Fluent English
- Arabic, Russian or German considered a plus
- Degree in Hotel Management preferred