Full job details
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
To provide first level support for both users and guests for various IT and Business applications.
The incumbent should excel on administrative tasks, communication, time management, incident management, problem management, change management with attention to detail.
The job of IT Assistant is executed satisfactorily when:
- All IT Systems are running smoothly in the hotel and the IT function is acting in a proactive manner rather than reactive.
- IT is driving efficiencies in the use of applications enabling the other departments to successfully complete their tasks.
- All Corporate IT related policies and procedures have been implemented and a successful self audit has been carried out.
- All Kempinski standards related to guest facing technology are implemented to an acceptable level.
- The IT Manager is fully supported in his role.
- Solve technical and operational challenges in the scope of IT reported by users.
- Follow Kempinski code of practice as related to security and operation of computer systems with a thorough knowledge of standards of operating procedures.
- In cooperation with the IT Manager, suggests on the existing and future systems being developed or implemented.
- To assist the IT Manager in all stages of the day to day operation of the Hotel.
- To support computers in hardware and software malfunction in coordination with all the departments.
- To manage and prioritize any IT problems, impacting either revenue and/or the guest for quick resolution and pro-actively seek for preventative maintenance.
- Follow up on and maintain knowledge of new systems that can help in streamlining the processes in the hotel.
- Maintain complete record of the systems related inventory.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules & regulations.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
If you are being considered for this position, you will receive an invitation from us within 30 days