Assistant Outlet Manager - Private Dining - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the Burj al Arab soars to a height of 321 metres dominating the Dubai coastline. At night it offers an unforgettable sight surrounded by choreographed colour sculptures of water and fire. This all-suite hotel reflects the finest that the world has to offer.About the Role
A fantastic position has arisen for an ambitious Assistant Outlet Manager to join the Private Dining operations. Reporting to the Outlet Manager, the successful candidate will ensure that guest satisfaction is maximised and that commercial objectives are achieved.
Your key duties will include:
- Actively promotes the use of up selling techniques within outlet to exceed guest expectations and increase revenue by providing specialist advice to on food and beverages.
- Monitors all aspects of food and beverage quality and hygiene and takes immediate corrective action when required and inform the Outlet Manager.
- Assists the Outlet Manager on developing and mentoring a colleague with high potential for the benefit of the company.
- Assists the Outlet Manager on reviewing, assessing and implementation the restaurant standard operating procedures.
- Maintain optimum stock levels to ensure smooth running of operations to cater to guests demand.
- Participate in staffing requirements for the outlet to ensure the right calibre of staff is selected to meet company objectives.
- Manage the staff schedule to ensure optimum staffing at all times.
The successful candidate will have a certified college or university degree from a leading Hospitality Management institution and will possess a minimum of 12 months experience in a luxury 'private dining' or 'banqueting' environment. You will already have people management experience - and have demonstrated your ability to inspire, motivate and lead a large team.
You will have an excellent Microsoft Office applications knowledge, particularly Excel and Power Point, and high level of written and verbal business English is mandatory.