Director of Food & Beverage - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the Burj Al Arab soars to a height of 321 meters dominating the Dubai coastline. At night it offers an unforgettable sight surrounded by choreographed colour sculptures of water and fire. This all-suite hotel reflects the finest that the world has to offer.About the Role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly talented and experienced Director of Food & Beverage to join the F&B team at the Burj Al Arab.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, the main purpose of this role is to provided strategic leadership and direction to ensure the food and beverage operation achieves set goals and contributes positively to the guest experience and overall profitability of the hotel whilst maintaining Jumeirah Brand standards at all times.
Your main duties will include:
- Developing food and beverage strategy in order to provide innovative and exciting guest experiences that meet the business objectives.
- Participating in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan, and Sales and Marketing Plans to ensure food and beverage is adequately represented.
- Co-ordinate the organizational and administrative functions in all areas of the Food and Beverage Department to ensure delivery of the strategy and compliance with Jumeirah standards.
- Initiating special promotions and activities that generate additional revenue and popular interest.
- Monitoring service and food and beverage standards in all outlets and kitchens ensuring that managers take corrective actions as necessary.
- Monitoring the activities and trends of competitor hotels, restaurants and bars and keep up to date with international trends in order to ensure the competitive advantage of the hotel.
- Make recommendations for modernization of equipment, service methods, and presentation to improve guest satisfaction and profits.
- Ensuring each outlet is accounted for separately as an individual profit centre and is managed by a team who are accountable for their profitability.
- Being able to monitor the profitability of all food and beverage outlets in order to provide solutions to improve problem areas and assist in implementing corrective measures.
- Being able to set, in close conjunction with each Outlet Manager, annual operating budgets which will form part of the Business Plan.
- Participating public relations activities, sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the Food and Beverage department and the hotel.
- Being able to provide creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the hotel.
- Being able to personally and frequently verify that guests in the hotel are receiving the best possible service available in order to make continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that HACAAP and other local regulations are adhered to ensure the highest food hygiene standards.
In order to be considered for this role you will possess an internationally recognised management qualification in Hotel or Business Management and has a minimum of 2 year experience in the role of Director of Food & Beverage in a 5 star luxury property and large volume operation (10+ restaurants). It is an advantage if you have experience working in the Middle East.
As well as the above, you should be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills with focus on talent management and succession planning, creativity and innovation in food and beverage concepts and operations, and demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability.
You should have experience of working with and managing multicultural teams, have strong commercial acumen, a good command of the English language (spoken and written) and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.