Assistant Guest Services Manager - Guest Relations - Dar Al Masyaf - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Set on a private beach, Madinat Jumeirah Resort is an authentic recreation of ancient Arabia, capturing the natural beauty of the region. Madinat Jumeirah features two grand boutique hotels, Al Qasr and Mina A’ Salam, accommodation in 29 traditional summer houses in Dar Al Masyaf, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3km of waterways and landscaped gardens.
The resort also provides extensive leisure and health facilities including Talise Spa and Talise Fitness, as well as Souk Madinat Jumeirah, a traditional retail and dining experience showcasing the best of Arabia.
About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for an Assistant Guest Services Manager to join the Guest Relations Team at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this role is to supervise and ensure the smooth and efficient daily operation of the Guest Relations operation, ensuring all hotel guests and visitors receive an optimum level of service and care at all times.
Your main duties will include:
- To prepare the daily VIP arrivals list to ensure the correct rooms are allocated for VIP guests depending on their demands and Guest History feedback
- To order and ensure timely delivery of amenities for all arrival and in-house VIP and suite guests
- To carry out daily room spot checks
- To spot-check the delivery of daily amenities of in house VIP guests
- To check the rooms of top VIP guests prior to their arrival at the hotel
- To liaise with concierge the airport pick up arrangements to ensure that the Guest Services Executive team escort all new arriving guests, and for who transport is organized.
- To escort top VIP guests to their rooms on arrival.
- To ensure preparation of welcome letters for all VIP arrivals and placed in the rooms together with the amenities prior to their arrival.
- To ensure that allocated rooms/suites, room keys and registration documents are ready for VIP guests prior to their arrival at the hotel.
- To liaise with the front desk team Leader, Executive Club Lounge and Premium Leisure Club assistant managers regarding room allocations and room changes for VIP guests.
- To coordinate with the Guest Services Executives to check the departure list for the following day – contact VIP guests to arrange airport transfers, if necessary.
- To assist guests with general enquiries about the hotel and its facilities and daily events and functions.
- To maintain the daily courtesy calls ensuring that at least five interviews per Guest Services Executive are carried out per shift and that the results are correctly logged and communicated to the relevant department and followed up as necessary.
- To arrange, co-ordinate and chair daily departmental briefings and monthly meetings.
- To carry out and record training within the department as required, and within the guideline requirements of the group.
In order to be considered for this role, you will ideally possess a qualification in Hotel Management. It is essential that you have minimum 2 years leadership experience in Front Office and Guest Relations in a 5 star environment. You must be able to demonstrate good leadership skills and motivate people.
You should have strong command of the English language and be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Property Management System (preferably Opera) and Stores Software (Adaco).