Assistant Business Excellence Manager - Madinat Jumeirah
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Set on a private beach, Madinat Jumeirah resort is an authentic recreation of ancient Arabia, capturing the natural beauty of the region. Madinat Jumeirah features three grand boutique hotels, Al Qasr, Al Naseem and Mina A’ Salam, accommodation in 29 traditional summer houses in Dar Al Masyaf, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3km of waterways and landscaped gardens.
The resort also provides extensive leisure and health facilities including Talise Spa and Talise Fitness, as well as Souk Madinat Jumeirah, a traditional retail and dining experience showcasing the best of Arabia.About the Role
The Business Excellence Manager will be required to assist the Resort management in achieving its objectives by deploying best practice business excellence processes and policies to enable HOD empowerment and embed continuous improvement methodologies through coaching and facilitation. This includes the setting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and business objectives.
You Main Duties will be:
- In conjunction with the Director of OE, manage the Resort BSC.
- to assist senior management with the development and review of Departmental BSCs.
- To assist HODs in setting and monitoring business objectives and KPI’s in their departments and providing assistance in action planning.
Document Management (10%)
- To ensure that all Senior Managers are familiar with Jumeirah document management requirements and that all SBU documentation is approved and published.
Training and Awareness (20%)
- To conduct Business Excellence awareness training sessions with senior and middle managers.
- To ensure relevant senior and middle managers are proficient in the use of the following reporting tools
- Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI)
- Mystery Guest Assessment (MGA)
Measurement and Analysis (25%)
- To ensure analysis of customer satisfaction, customer feedback, mystery guest assessment, telephone test call and internal/external quality review results and trends are completed for monthly review with senior management (Excom Meeting).
Team leadership (15%)
- To lead the Business Excellence (BE) team and ensure regular communication and assessment of team and individual objectives are monitored and discussed
- To groom and develop SBU BE Team colleagues through effective transfer of knowledge, skills and competencies.
- To support succession planning by promoting colleagues who have successfully demonstrated the desired behaviours against each competency.
Accreditation and Awards (10%)
- To facilitate and manage the submission to the relevant business excellence award (e.g. DQA).
In order to be considered for this role, you will have gained a Graduate Degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration or Quality Management and a qualification on Excellence Models and Quality Management System Methodologies. A Six Sigma certificate is desirable.
You must have experience of 1-3 years of progressively responsible roles within Business Excellence or a Managerial role in the hospitality business as well as Group Training Experience, implementing quality/business excellence processes, methodologies and application in a service industry, a leading a team.
You must possess Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, good knowledge of process management methodologies (including process mapping), expert level proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, demonstrable knowledge of data analysis principles and applications (including use of data analysis tools) and Project Management principles, demonstrable knowledge of Project Management principles, ability to work in a team environment while fulfilling independent responsibilities, competently and effectively communicating abstract concepts in user friendly framework as well as attention to detail and follow-up.