Waiter/ess - Talise Nutrition - Talise Café - Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, a spectacular five-star hotel, conference and banqueting destination that aspires to be the most outstanding family resort in the world. Vibrant and luxurious, Jumeirah Beach Hotel is Dubai's premier lifestyle destination, integrating exciting and exhilarating experiences designed for couples, families and friends.
Talise Fitness at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, is the ultimate destination for overall wellbeing.
Boasting unparalleled diversity of facilities and services, including tennis, squash, fitness, aerobics, spa, watersports, marina, dive center and kids club make this a unique and comprehensive destination for a community of health conscious individuals and families.
About the role
An exciting role has arisen for Waiter/ess at Talise Nutritional Café. The main purpose of the role is to provide a warm welcome and have the ability to meet and greet customers and ensure to deliver the highest standards of customer service at all times.
Achieve inner balance with Talise Nutrition. Talise Nutrition helps individuals eat right and stay in shape.
Your main duties include:
- Ensures that all colleagues' activities adhere to and support the Jumeira International Quality Management System
- Ensure smooth running of the Café
- Sets a personal example for right conduct and behaviour for an open eyed, respected and effective colleague of the restaurant
- Provides hands-on support to the Team Leader in all areas of their assigned duties
- Ensures that effective link is maintained between kitchen and service areas
- Prepares mis-en-place of the station preparing for the operation of the restaurant
- Assist in opening and closing of all the areas in the restaurant
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the assigned station
- Deliver food and drinks orders to the table ensuring that it is done properly
- Ensures that the table is properly clean and set-up for the next guests
- Performs other duties may be assigned by the management
In order to be considered for the role, you will have gained a diploma or degree in hotel management, have worked in the same capacity in a 5* hotel in Dubai for minimum of one year. Nutritional background will be an added advantage. You must also have good command of English both written and spoken.
It is also essential that you are able to work in a busy operations, have knowledge in food and beverage, able to work under pressure, hands on and supportive in achieving the common team goals.
Fluency in second language other than English is desirable.