Assistant Manager, Restaurants-Pool Service
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
Food & Beverage
• Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes scheduling and directing team members in their work assignments;
• Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services, resolving problems to the satisfaction of involved parties;
• To support in generating new ideas for service and products that will maintain a competitive and leading edge over our Competitive set;
• Support the Venue Manager in the organization of special events in the restaurant maintaining communication with all departments to ensure customer service needs are met;
• Circulate on the outlet floor, continually checking with the guests and the service staff to ensure that everything is to the guests’ satisfaction. Handle guests’ complaints and thank the guests
upon departure. Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of dining room area to ensure that it is up to standard;
• Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency;
• Control flow of room by seating guests in each section by rotation. Responsible for assigning and supervising all opening and/or closing side duties. Make entries into logbook. Assist with scheduling attendants and control of greeters, servers and bus attendants;
• Conduct pre-meal meetings on a daily basis. Participate in ongoing training of employees to ensure that employees continue to improve their performance. Recognize outstanding performance by service personnel and handle discipline as per standard operating procedures;
• Support the Venue Manager in maintaining profitability of outlet to support overall hotel operation by:
Control of payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse);
• Ensuring par stock levels are maintained, calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead.
• Evaluating cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation and developing and implementing cost saving and profit enhancing measures;
• Utilize prescribed cash handling procedures to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence;
• To conduct performance or disciplinary related reviews with direct reports as necessary on a timely basis;
• To prepare and regularly update Departmental Training Manual;
• To create an environment in which direct reports can take responsibility and authority for their work and development;
• To maintain a 24-hour response time to enquiries and correspondence and maintain system for active follow-up;
• In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel such as provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general clerical/cashier duties.
• Have the awareness of maximizing the returns to all stakeholders;
• Do build lasting relationships with internal and external customers;
• Uphold ethical business practices;
• Previous GCC experience is a must;
• Proven leadership skills managing team and possess superior analytical skills;
• Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
• Knowledge in Arabic is an advantage;