Demi Chef De Partie - Pastry
Full job details
“A passion for perfection”
Swissôtel Hotels &Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use &develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissôtel Makkah description :
Swissôtel Makkah is Swissôtel's first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1487 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today’s Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissôtel Makkah is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka’aba and the Grand Mosque.
SwissotelMakkah is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business center.
It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram. Weinvite you to be part of the dynamic Culinary team as
Demi Chef de Partie
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to theses:
- To consistently offer professional ,friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- To ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items fora la carte andor buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards.
- To actively share ideas, opinions &suggestions in daily shift briefings.
- To ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations.
- To liaise daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback.
- To complete daily checks of all misen place to ensure freshness &quality standards.
- To maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage.
- To have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions.
- To ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- To follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
- To follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
Previous experience in the culinary field required
Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today.