Portrait Sales Director
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Working with the Perspectives Portrait Artist(s) to identify and acquire clientele using studio resources and advertising collateral, the Perspectives Studio Director must ensure studio appointment calendars for each cruise are fully booked, and then maximize the sales from each photo shoot, whilst ensuring excellent customer service standards are met at all times.
- Drive the Portrait Artist(s) to create high quality, professional and sellable images and to maximize the photo opportunities for each cruise itinerary.
- Maximize booking opportunities by attending VIP Parties, Latitude events and other social events throughout the cruise.
- Ensure that all onboard promotional materials and videos are being used to maximum effect throughout the cruise.
- Regularly analyze and report on sales and performance data, and develop new promotions and sales strategies.
- Ensure the studio and equipment meets set standards for appearance and condition.
- Ensure the studio adheres to all approved advertising and promotional material standards relating to the program including all flyers, signage, display videos and slide shows.
- Ensure all pricing and fees are presented as per SOP.
- Resolve all customer service issues onboard, and ensure excellent customer service is given at all stages in the studio experience.
- Ensure all Studio staff are compliant with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Manage timesheets, scheduling, conduct regular performance appraisals and other administrative duties for the Portrait Artist(s).
- Train and instruct regular photo staff on sales techniques and booking procedures.
- Identify, develop and train new team members, either from outside the company or through internal promotions, reporting regularly on their progress.
- Ensure any broken equipment from the studio is sent for repair at the earliest possible opportunity, and reported to Miami office for replacements to be issued.
- Ensure all orders are completed on time and submitted at the end of each cruise period.
- Maintain frequent and regular communication with shoreside management whist onboard.
- Attend all required meetings, safety drills, onboard training and other responsibilities as required onboard Norwegian Cruise Line vessels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two (2) years sales experience required covering Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships and Motivation for Sales is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Presentation sales.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or foreign equivalent from a recognized educational institution is preferred. Relevant sales experience may substitute for this educational preference at an equivalent rate.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.