Carpenter - Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises® brands.
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising. Most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising®, which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility on the most contemporary ships at sea.
Oceania Cruises is the clear market leader in the upper premium cruise segment featuring the finest cuisine at sea, elegant accommodations, impeccable service and destination-driven itineraries.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises redefined upscale cruising and is the market leader in the luxury cruise segment with all-suite accommodations, highly personalized service and the industry’s most inclusive luxury experience, featuring round-trip air, inclusive luxury hotel stays, unlimited shore excursions and open bar throughout the ship among its numerous included amenities.
Countless career opportunities for you.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the carpentry repairs and all woodwork outside of the cabins under the supervision of the Staff Captain
- Participate in the daily activities of the deck operation and be available if any emergency, which requires their participation, occurs.
- Keep the Staff Captain updated on which projects/jobs are being carried out around the ship.
- Full responsibility for the carpenter shop, the equipment and the inventory of equipment and consumables.
- Assist the Staff Captain in keeping the AMOS system updated and maintained for the carpenters inventory and maintenance.
- Responsible for the Potable water filling equipment, and that this equipment is being properly stored and used in accordance to USPH Requirement.
- Familiarize with the USPH rules pertaining to potable water filling and storing. Clean Carpenter’s workshop air ducts and filters after cleaning
- Train Joiner on the job
- Attend mooring stations as instructed by the Staff Captain.
- Hold a Basic Safety Course Certificate and all appropriate certificates as required by regulations.
- Experience on passengers’ vessels as Deck Hand or equivalent position.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Company SMS.
- Knowledge of the vessel he/she is assigned to.
- Skills including but not limited to seamanship, team building, communication, conflict resolution and customer service
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills.
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to live in close quarters and share limited space with other cabin-mates
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant working environment
- Excellent appearance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.