Come join our team!
The Utility Stores ensure efficient cleaning and sanitation of assigned provision areas within the Food & Beverage operation onboard according to USPH / FDA / SEMS guidelines.
• Ongoing maintenance cleaning of large climate controlled food provision storerooms as per USPH / FDA & SEMS guidelines.
• Deep cleaning & ongoing cleaning maintenance of all provision areas & provisioning equipment to USPH / FDA / SEMS standards & requirements.
• Transportation of sorted garbage that is properly sealed according to USPH guidelines to the garbage room.
• Assist with the preparation & issuance of food requisitions.
• Assists with completing room temperature logs on SEMS, USPH and DFA approved forms.
• Assists in ensuring work equipment (forklifts, platforms) is maintained in good working order.
• Monitor performance of all provision room freezers, chillers & provisioning equipment reporting any malfunctions or deterioration to the Storekeeper/Assistant Storekeeper.
• Set up / breakdown of provisioning equipment for receiving, loading & issuance.
• Follows safe work habits and conforms to SEMS policies & procedures concerning the use & wearing of PPE. Notify supervisors of any dangerous or unsafe places in the work area.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Minimum six months related experience working in a warehouse is required.
• Minimum six months experience operating a pallet jack is required.
• Basic to Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
• Training Course Certificates in the areas of USPH, safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures from a recognized educational institution are required.
• Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
• While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
• Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
• Able to pass basic safety course.
• This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.