Concierge Supervisor - Sofitel Dubai Downtown
Full job details
Sofitel Dubai Downtown sets a new standard for urban sophistication and refined luxury with a Magnifique commitment to service and French elegance. Its 31 floors of artfully designed rooms and suites, chic restaurants, trendy bars and infinity pool terrace boast spectacular views over the Dubai skyline.
The Supervisors purpose is to lead the, Concierge and support the chief concierge towards the attainment of the highest standards of service excellence in accordance with the company guidelines.
- To oversee the Concierge operations, including the bell desk and doormen, ensuring that the hotel standards and procedures are fully known and followed.
- To ensure appropriate stock level for the smooth run of the Concierge operations and to prepare requisitions accordingly.
- To ensure that all guests receive a warm welcome and that they enjoy their stay being offered the finest personal service.
- Concierge supervisor will provide support to Chief Concierge and will lead to the department in the absence of Chief Concierge.
- To ensure that all in-house guests and/or visitors looking for assistance, personally, on the phone, fax or e-mail, are immediately attended and their requests are well responded at any time.
- To ensure that both the arrival and the departure lists are updated, transportation and airport services are scheduled and respected and all the set-ups are according to guest requests and needs.
- To ensure that all team members provide prompt, updated and correct information about the city, locations, events, programs, traffic, weather, etc., and do the needful bookings, purchasing or arrangements.
- To ensure that all the outsourced services contracted by the Concierge are of high quality and fully corresponding to the guests’ and hotel’s requirements and needs, as approved by the hotel management.
- To ensure that all the messages, correspondence, parcels, mail, luggage, etc. are delivered as per hotel standards and procedures.
- To ensure that the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information is respected.
- To be fully aware of and to report all guest comments or complaints.
- To offer assistance at any time in the operations and to monitor, highlight and suggest improvements on any malfunction.
- To ensure the strict control of room keys and section keys.
- To assign duties and responsibilities to subordinates and to assist them in their duties. To daily implement and control the check lists.
- To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
- To ensure that all team members provide correct and prompt information about the outlets and promote the internal activities and events.
- To ensure that all team members are updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
- To be an ambassador of the Concierge and of the hotel, in and outside the work place.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire and nametag at all times. And to ensure they maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards. To control absenteeism.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as assisting the bell stand, providing luggage and assistance, and ensuring the lobby and concierge area’s appearance reflect highly on the hotel and company.
- To assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To ensure and co-ordinate the daily guest transportation
- To ensure that all the employees read and understand the hotel's Employee Handbook and
- To be flexible and to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- Make it memorable by using his/her knowledge to share personal recommendations and experiences and using his/her unique personality to create moments that makes people feel special
- Provide guest assistance with florists, couriers, mail services, rental of small business machines, international calls, etc
- To attend trainings and meetings as and when required.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments
- Handle reservations and obtain/issue tickets where applicable
- Perform additional duties as directed by Concierge manager or Senior Management
- Familiarize oneself with the area; i.e., social, cultural, historical and physical attractions
- Assist in the cleanliness of the concierge desk/ lobby area to ensure that high standards are always kept
- To conduct and/or contribute to regular Departmental Communication Meetings.
- To provide updated information to Concierge team members and other departments.
- To ensure rosters are posted and timesheets are submitted on time.
We are looking to appoint a Concierge Supervisor for the stunning 5* Sofitel Dubai Downtown who thrives in a high pressured and rewarding team environment and is looking for a career with a hospitality leader.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, caring, dedicated individual with good cross cultural sensitivity and the willingness to put in an extra effort and time when required, as well as the passion to serve customers.
You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
•Previous experiences as a Concierge required
•Outstanding guest services skills, sophisticated verbal & written communication skills
•Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications preferred
•Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
•Highly responsible & reliable
•Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
•Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
•Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Only selected candidates will be contacted