Between a beach and freshwater lagoon, Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara offers refreshing luxury, and also a gateway to Oman’s cultural treasures. Culinary experiences immerse you in the Middle East’s exquisite tastes, and take curious diners on scintillating journeys. Sip refreshments and savour marinated barbeque dishes at the Mediterranean beach bar. Gourmet world flavors are yours to enjoy all day. For dinner, let us tempt you with Asian specialties from countries that border the Mekong River. At Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara Guests will enjoy a choice of 30 Premier Sea View rooms and 10 Deluxe rooms with sea or garden views, 96 villas, including 88 private pool villas, Private 250 meter beach, Outdoor temperature-controlled infinity swimming pool, Anantara Spa with Salalah’s first hammam and razul treatment rooms, 3 restaurants including a signature Asian restaurant and much more.
Al Baleed Resort by Anantara is looking for Executive Chef to join its team.
Members of the Kitchen Department are responsible for ensuring that all visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity and variety of our food and beverage offerings in every area of the hotel, and that F&B is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market.
An Executive Chef will be responsible for leading the overall kitchen operations of the hotel. The Executive Chef will train and manage kitchen team members and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase of food; select and develop recipes; standardize production of dishes to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation, technique and quality standards; plan and price menus; ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen. The Executive Chef may cook selected items or for select occasions, will oversee special catering events, and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques. The Executive Chef is directly responsible for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and initiating pay increases of the kitchen team. The Executive Chef will report to the food service Director.
Planning and Organising:
- To participate in preparation and implementation of the hotel’s strategic plan.
- To plan the yearly food revenue and profit target.
- To work with hotel management over all aspects of kitchen reinvestment.
Operations and Product Quality
- Analyse local-market needs and trends, and then lead the definition of the hotel’s overall Food & Beverage offering.
- Manage menu preparation and pricing in line with the stated F&B objectives of the hotel and the brand.
- Develop new menus and food items to meet the taste and dining requirements of the guests. Maintain sensitivity to local cultural traditions and adhere to religious beliefs in preparation and services of all food on premises.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of food products to ensure quality at all times. Monitor and check guest satisfaction.
- Implement procedures to minimise wastage and over-production.
- Ensure standards of presentation and preparation of food items meet hotel & brand standards.
- Fully support and release staff for Task Force Missions required to support the opening of new Anantara and other MINT properties, and other special events catered by Minor International.
- Ensure that the Kitchen professionals are fully aware of hotel F&B strategy, and that their products meet these requirements.
- Direct and coordinate the daily activities of all the hotel’s kitchens.
- Coach and guide new members of the team, putting in place proper orientation training and ongoing training and development for team members.
- Liaise with HR over all employee matters including recruitment and interviewing.
- Control payroll and business expenses of the department.
- Manage relationships and contracts with suppliers.
- Support and facilitate staff participation in local, national and international competitions.
Health, Hygiene & Safety
- Maintain the highest standards of Food Hygiene, and adherence with all Health and Safety standards.
- Report and take appropriate action to correct any health or safety hazard.
- Liaise with Chief Engineer regarding maintenance and repairs of equipment and fire equipment.
- Check and ensure the proper storage of raw and processed food items including the condition of food in freezers.
- Instruct staff on all emergency measures in case of accident and have a first aid kit available and stocked in the kitchens, in collaboration with hotel’s clinic.
- Ensure all work areas in the kitchen are kept tidy and clean.
Marketing & Guest Relations
- Attend guest and official functions as a representative of the executive team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related Culinary degree
- Minimum 2 years of industry and culinary management experience
- Previous experience with control food and labor costs, demonstration cooking, menu development, and pricing and development.
- Passion for leadership and teamwork
- Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
- Excellent guest service skills