Hygiene Attendant (preferably – female)
Complete responsibility for the highest level of sanitation and hygiene standards in the hotel. To ensure all food served to guests and employees are free from microbiological and physical contamination, and all work areas confirm to minimum requirements set by the local health authorities
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To implement / Procedures on :
- Critical Control Points System
- Personal Hygiene
- Evaluation of corrective actions
- Staff medical records updating system in cooperation with Human Resources
- To implement Cleaning procedures & Training team members on Food Safety & best practices for handling food.
- To document & control food safety training report & monthly food lab report
- To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above
Coordinate projects and activities. This may involve attending meetings, taking notes and acting upon assigned duties to coordinate the assigned project. Maintain communication with departments involved in the assigned project/activity.
Orders and maintains office supplies and equiment. Maintains files and equipment in an orderly and professional manner.
Uses the property’s email system and maintains their email box, as is policy. Additionally, this position may or may not have access and/or control over the email box of their supervisor(s)..
Greets internal and external customers in a friendly and professional manner. Announces
visitors and/or handles requests, as appropriate.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company :
- Maintenance of filing system in accordance with the Record Retention policy.
- Preparation of special reports or projects, as requested.
- Attend all required meetings
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Emergency procedures. Reports unsafe conditions, as appropriate.
- Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with other departments, team members and guests.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly fashion
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Completion and awarded Intermediate Food Hygiene Certification.
- Completion and awarded HACCP Certification.
- A minimum of 2 years prior Administrative support services with customer service responsibilities.
Previous work experience should include working in a high-volume environment.
A minimum of 3 years in Foods Safety responsibilities.
- Competent Word, Excel, Power Point and software packages
- Competent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Strong organizational and work coordinating skills to handle multiple assignments and projects
- Good people management skills and be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to follow standard recipes and convert quantities mathematically
- Ability to taste all foods to ensure correct preparation and seasoning.
- Knowledge of marketing, costing, purchasing, preparation of menu and restaurant menu, menu of the day, stock control, rotas and budgetary controls. Knowledge in local and international cooking competition is an advantage.
- Personal Attributes
- ‘Can do’ attitude and a high level of energy
- Professionally groomed
- Able to manage task simultaneously; and priorities
- Hands-on attitude, leads by example
- Always goes the extra mile to ensure guests satisfaction.
- Sense of humor