DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with other departments related to the Entertainment Department to ensure effective customer orientated operation.
• To undertake training of all time – lifesaving techniques /procedures with special attention in the development of staff, swimming abilities, stamina, strokes, and water awareness.
• Must attend to the need of the guests immediately, serious problems / situations must be reported to Life Guard Team Leader / Life Guard Supervisor / Entertainment Manager immediately.
• Implement duties in line with the Quality standards, Security and Health & Safety requirements and applicable legislations
• Implement any other duties as assigned by your supervisors.
• Attending all departmental meetings
• Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Ensure safe daily operations within the Entertainment Department by ensuring compliance of all health, safety and fire prevention policies and procedures.
• Ensure all pools are cleaned on daily basis and at such times when required.
• To maintain a daily Chlorine / PH reading log book of pool water.
• Ensure that all surrounding areas of pools are kept clean and all lounges / tables, umbrellas, ashtrays are placed neatly at the start and end of each operational day as well as during the day.
• To report any maintenance issues to the Life Guard Team Leader / Supervisor / Entertainment Manager.
• To be fully aware of current and future services offered by the hotel and to make suggestions for improvement, expansion or creation of new services.
• To report training needs to Life Guard Team Leader / Supervisor / Entertainment Manager.
• To assist Entertainment Team when required in organizing activities for guests / corporate groups, etc.
• Ensure all lifesaving equipment is checked daily and placed in correct location for ease of collection if required.
• To check all guest contacts areas (toilets / showers / changing rooms / kids club / spa etc.) to maintain high standard of hygiene.
• To assist in the beach side operation as and when required.
• To ensure sufficient towels are readily available at pool / beach towel counters throughout the day, soiled towels collected immediately as guest leave pool / beach areas. Lounges to be rearranged neatly.
• To ensure all lounges are cleaned and in safe condition, broken or damaged furniture should be removed immediately for repairs.
• Foster good relationships with guests and other departments, to handle members complaints and suggestions promptly and professionally
• Effective support with guests, ensuring their satisfaction with recreation activities.
GENERAL / MISCELLANEOUS
• Thoroughly familiarizes oneself with the Hotel’s emergency procedures and is in a state of preparedness for any emergency which may occur.
• He/she is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Quality Standards for his/her field of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned by the management.
• Assist in Task Force assignments.
• Carry out any other reasonable task (which may not be stated here) as requested
Education: Recognized qualification in Lifesaving or water safety certificate, basic First AID - Spine board, Portable defibrillator, Lifeguard certificate & CPR.
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role in the hospitality industry.
Other: Excellent customer service skills, good communication skills and excellent swimming skills.