Full job details
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
JOB SUMMARY To welcome and escort our Guests, ensure that their luggage is handled as per brand standards of Marriott International, focus on ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represent concierge department in resolving any guest or hotel related situation. Maintain the flow of guest traffic and direct guests within the hotel. COPE / BUSINECONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – 0
- Guest experience in a five star hotel or similar, local knowledge, good command over English Language.
Skills and Knowledge
- English Speaking, Local Knowledge ,Arabic Speaking
Education or Certification
- Higher Secondary Education.
- Ensure all guests are Welcomed to the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai as per Marriott International Brand Standards..
- Be familiar with all hotel facilities and their hours of operation.
- Demonstrate Aggressive hospitality and guest engagement at all times.
- Support the implementation of “1st 10” program according to local government regulations.
- Ensure luggage carts are neatly arranged in their designated area at all times.
- Issue Luggage tags for all baggage received by carefully counting them in pieces.
- Fill all details in the luggage tag with Guest name, date time and your name.
- Supply a copy of the luggage sticker at the bell desk with your name to identify and send luggage to guest room according to the name by the bell captain.
- Follow up of received luggage every 15 minutes to ensure no delay in delivery of luggage.
- Fill in runner position at the lobby as scheduled by the Bell captain and replace runner position under situations required to move away due to a guest request needed to be attended by you.
- Store the luggage only at permitted areas and attend the luggage at all times while in public areas.
- Bending, Stooping and Lifting a weight of 30 lbs or more may be required.
- Maintain a straight and alert position in the hotel Entrance and in Lobby; do not form groups when not busy.
- Take the initiative through Empowerment to ensure complete Guest Satisfaction.
- Identify and take utmost care with guest’s property whilst loading and unloading from car or any other means of transport the luggage carts.
- Escort the guest to the room and provides familiarization of hotel and rooms the guest in his room.
- Be knowledge of all Bell stands Job aids.
- Be familiar with local area and location of Company offices, banking institutions, Shopping malls, Restaurants, etc.
- Handle distribution of Newspapers to Guest rooms.
- Keep logs updated with accurate information at all times.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and wear proper uniform.
- Promote actively hotel transportation and products to guest as services with full knowledge of the product.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Adheres to the compliance of booking high risk activities, tours, and transport to those contracted by the hotel and follows Marriott Verbiage if any other requests made by guest directly for other companies.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.