Bartender - Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
Full job details
The heat and bustle of Hamdan Street falls away as you step inside the cool Lobby of Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi. Valet parking and luggage porters mean your arrival will be smooth and simple. Head to your stylish room or refresh with a frosty beer in Heroes, or check emails with free wireless Internet available in all the restaurants throughout the hotel.
Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi is 30 minutes' drive to Abu Dhabi International Airport. Your city-centre hotel is on Abu Dhabi's main street, surrounded by businesses, restaurants and shops. You're 5 minutes from the Corniche and less than 10 minutes from Abu Dhabi Mall and Marina Mall.
Enjoy smart private Asian dining in Cho Gao Restaurant and Lounge. Foodies love the rustic Italian fare at Spaccanapoli Ristorante. Sample extensive buffet delights at The Garden Restaurant. DJs at our rooftop Level Lounge mix chill-out tunes as deftly as our barmen mix signature cocktails.
Ask our Concierge about enticing attractions in the city or adventures further afield like exploring the desert or sailing the Gulf in a dhow. You can revive with a therapeutic massage or a dip in our rooftop pool. Perk yourself up with a trip to Crowne Fitness or beauty salon.
We are currently looking to recruit a Bartender with a keen desire to improve the operation, develop and share product knowledge as well as drive revenue, and positively impact exceptional guest experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Report to captain for work assignment.
· Clean and prepare bar.
· Obtain adequate quantities of stock from the stockrooms as per the request sheet.
· Does not leave the area of work without notifying the captain.
· Develop & train busboys in order to help them develop into future bar people.
· Perform all side duties established by the headwaiter or captain.
· To be familiar with menu and beverage terminology.
· Absolute Service Standards are to be followed while serving the guests.
· Ensure that all information / duties received by the Captain or Headwaiter is followed accurately.
· Report for duty on time with clean attire.
· Follow the policies and procedures introduced by the Food & Beverage dept.
· Ensure sufficient quantities of glassware and bar utensils are available prior to the opening of the bar.
· Double check all items received from the stores and ensure this corresponds with the requisition form.
· Make sure that all food and beverage items are picked up as required.
· To perform a high quality of service standard at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
As a Bartender, it is essential you have acquired and possess the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience in a similar role in a five-star hotel or in a top end restaurant
- Extensive knowledge of general beverages, including liquors, spirits and wines as well as specialized technical expertise in drink origins
- Personality and flair with the ability to communicate and cooperate effectively at all levels both internally and with our guests
- Be a passionate individual, with an optimistic attitude ready to actively promote up-selling at all times
With a family of 12 brands and more than 4,900 hotels across 100 countries, we’ll give you opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career; not forgetting a competitive salary and benefits package with hotel discounts worldwide.
You’ll not only join one of the world’s fastest growing upscale hotel brands globally, but also a team of positive professionals who always think and act one step ahead. Most importantly, we’ll give you Room to be yourself.
If this sounds like the perfect move for you, apply online now! Get in touch and tell us how you could bring your passion and your individual skills to IHG.
Make it happen and join us today!