Housekeeping Room Attendant
1. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cleaning all guest rooms assigned in his/her section as well as all other services and circulation areas to the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Attends and is attentive to any training offered.
- Offers all possible assistance and high quality service to guests.
- Cleans bathrooms and bedrooms in correct order and according to the correct procedures as taught by trainers, maintaining the room arrangement specifications for guest supplies precisely.
- Executes weekly room cleaning program accordingly.
- Utilizes Rooms Attendant reports, providing Floor Supervisor with all information such as :
- Maintenance deficiencies, any lost or damage of hotel property
- Suspicious behavior of guests, accurate change of room status.
- Reports Lost & Found property to Housekeeping Office without any delays.
- Keeps basket, pantries and service areas neat and adequate supplied for the next day.
- Ensures accurate inventories whenever required.
- Cleans late check out - make ups Temp. OOO rooms according to the correct procedures , maintaining the room arrangement specifications for guest and replenishing guest supplies accurately
- Does turn down service for all guest rooms in assigned area according to procedures utilizing the Room
- Attendant turndown report.
- Ensures the floor pantry has enough extra pillows, blankets and bed pad.
- Does special corridor cleaning assignment during the evening shift.
- Checks floors corridors for litter, cleans standing ashtrays during the course of the evening.
- Keeps fire staircases, service areas and fire exits obstruction free.
- Responsible for the guest lift area being kept clean, mirrors spotless and ashtrays emptied.
- Maintains all Housekeeping equipment clean in good working condition, reports any damage immediately.
- Controls guest supplies and cleaning supplies according to procedures.
- Assists on other floors and sections when requested.
- Is flexible to work different shifts and assumes other duties assigned by the Floor Supervisor from time to time.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules & regulations.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
2. General Responsibilities
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
3 Occasional Responsibilities
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- To pass on any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- To assist the Duty Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
- To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
4 Legal Responsibilities
- To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.