Executive Assistant Manager
We invite you to be part of The Ajman Palace Hotel - managed by HMH. Set on a private beach offering captivating views of the Arabian Gulf, this alluring hideaway is a heritage resort with a modern spirit. For our 5-star lifestyle resort, we are currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual with exceptional communication skills who pride themself on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of service and provide creative solutions as an Executive Assistant Manager.
As an Executive Assistant Manager you are responsible to assist the General Manager to oversee the complete hotel operation. The role involves assisting in the development and implementation of the marketing plan, budget and goals program of the hotel to ensure on-going optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability and will include key responsibilities such as:
- Interact with guests and individuals outside the hotel, including but not limited to current and potential clients, owning company representatives, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community
- Coordinate functions and activities with the General Manager and Corporate colleagues as appropriate.
- Participate in conducting weekly inspections and ensure physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementations of preventive maintenance programmes and plan and manage the FF&E as directed by the General Manager
- Ensure emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide security and safety for guests and colleagues
- Establish and maintain effective internal communication and meeting structures to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity
- Assure full responsibilities in the absence of the General Manager as appropriate and keep General Manager informed of any unforeseen events.
Previous 5 star hotel experience, preferable in the Middle East.
High school diploma or similar required.
Excellent command of English language (both oral and written). Arabic is essential and other additional languages are an advantage.
Computer skills (MS Office, e-mail, MC, Opera)
The ideal candidate will be a leader who is naturally hands on, with an on-site management style, good relationship building skills and the ability to prioritize and make effective decisions. Ideally you are a dynamic and entrepreneurial Manager who invigorates and motivates the operation with confidence and style, while possessing the following additional competencies:
Pro-active, dynamic, focused and goal oriented
Capable to multi-task and manage a number of tasks simultaneously
Eye for details
Exceptional interpersonal skills
Drive for continuous improvement
Motivated by achieving and exceeding goals
Passionate about the hospitality industry
Excellent listening skills
Strong sense for team ethics
Excellent understanding of health and safety aspects
Enjoys working with a multi-cultural team