Chef de Cuisine - Fine Dining Restaurant
We are currently seeking an experienced Chef de Cuisine candidate for our most talked about hilltop restaurant set at 2000 feet above sea level and is rightly called "Sense on the Edge".
Sense on the Edge is Dining with a Difference…. Natural setting, unconventional menu styles and defining wines and menu preparations... modern cuisine at its best.
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the kitchen as assigned by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef. Ensures the professional operation of the kitchen and the quality, hygiene, Six Senses Best Practices and Standards are achieved or surpassed. The incumbent needs to be cost conscious and is responsible for the daily requisitioning of all food goods and supplies. He/She provides leadership, training and supervision on all production in the kitchen and oversees quality as well as timely distribution of the food product served. This position works closely with the Executive Sous Chef in planning adequate supply of required items for the outlet, menu development and other related matters. This position may be required to work in other kitchens based on business demands or the instructions given by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
Three or more years of progressive culinary managerial experience in a leading resort or hotel, and have experience in a luxury lifestyle brand with international exposure. Prior experience as a Chef de Cuisine-fine dining is preferred. Experience in the luxury market is essential. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
A Culinary degree from a recognized hospitality school preferred. The incumbent should have spent sufficient time in all necessary sections of the Culinary Department.
Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to deal effectively with guests, management, and other hosts with courtesy and tactfulness. Must possess the ability to access all areas of the facility, including working at various heights on ladders, scaffolding, or lifts also within tight areas, withstand various activities such as frequent walking, standing, and bending, and occasionally carrying items weighing at least fifty (50) lbs. including but not limited to delicate china & glassware. Must participate and successfully complete training and educational programs made available to Six Senses staff.
English and European languages with ability to communicate clearly. European national with at least 2 years work experience in a Michelin Star restaurant.
Observes culinary hosts engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed. Provides training and coaching to culinary hosts in fine points of cooking.
• Directs and controls all culinary hosts to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
• Co-ordinates with F&B Manager and Outlet Managers in ensuring that specific restaurant operations function efficiently and on time.
• Prepares duty rosters as directed.
• Monitors the consistency of preparation and presentation in all food production areas to ensure that they conform to the requisite standards.
• Liaises with purchasing and suppliers to ensure that all food items ordered are delivered, and are of the appropriate quality at the most competitive price.
• Conducts periodic checks of all food delivery and storage areas to ensure quality of food and standards of hygiene are maintained.
• Assists in the implementation of the annual promotion plan and menu change cycle.
• Helps to ensure that an accurate and up-to-date recipe bank is maintained.
• Assists in menu planning as directed, and utilizes sales analysis and menu engineering techniques accordingly.
• Assists in maintaining standards of hygiene and cleanliness in all kitchen and related areas.
• Assists in the controlling and monitoring of all kitchen expenses.
• Prepares and submits reports as directed by superiors.
• Conducts frequent kitchen and heart of house checks ensuring mise-enplace, production procedures, repair and maintenance, host grooming and manning levels are in order and takes appropriate action where necessary.
• Assist in the selection, training and evaluation of culinary hosts.
• Coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops culinary hosts.