The Room Attendant provides exceptional service in all aspects of cleanliness in hotel guest rooms and other areas of the hotel providing ultimate guest experience. making the guests feel welcome and at home
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
- Correctly clean all assigned guest rooms as to hotel standards.
- Prepares rooms that are blocked for occupancy, prioritizing as instructed.
- Does turndown service, observing established procedures and standards.
- Transfers furniture and fixture when and where needed.
- Installs rollaway beds, baby cots, bed boards and other extra items required by the guests, in manner reflecting the Hotel’s standards.
- Gives correct/proper direction and information if approached by guests.
- Uses all equipment as specified in operating manuals or as indicated during equipment usage training to ensure a longer equipment life span.
- Cleans up equipment before and after use, following proper cleaning procedures.
- Immediately reports loss or damage of linen, furniture, fixture or equipment to concerned areas for action.
- Immediately reports maintenance deficiencies to concerned areas/persons (e.g., Engineering) such that repair/maintenance is immediately scheduled.
- Keeps trolley neat and adequately supplied at all times.
- Keeps pantry linen and supply closet neat and in working order at all times.
- Check assigned floors, including storage areas, guest corridors and administrative offices for required cleaning throughout the day.
- Clean, sweep, vacuum and mop the floor in guest rooms, public spaces, sorting area, storage closets and chute rooms.
- Attend to guest requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Pick up, transport soiled linen, sort and empty linen bins throughout the day.
- Re-stock Room Attendant carts and return to proper backspace parking location.
- Cleaning and re-supplying the given number of guest rooms, including the bathrooms, maintaining the hotel standards.
- Submit daily hand-over at the end of the shift to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Adhere to the Lost and Found policies and procedures.
- Aware of the joint responsibility for safety in our Hotel and abides strictly by all the safety instructions, especially when operating the machines and equipment.
- Ensure that all front doors and stores belonging to the department, as well as the key cabinet are kept locked at all times
- Attends scheduled training courses, briefings as required.
- Participates actively in Hotel-initiated employee activities.
- Maintains good relationships with colleagues within the department and with other departments and contributes to team spirit.
- Comply with hotel standards in relation to hygiene, health, and safety policy.
- Adheres to set procedures for attendance and timekeeping.
- To carry out other tasks as maybe required from time to time by the Supervisor/ Executive Housekeeper.