Full job details
The Kitchen Steward as ambassador of Sofitel Dubai Downtown is required to actively promote the quality image of the company and the hotel at every opportunity.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform duties as assigned by the Stewarding Supervisor and Asst. Chief Steward
- Perform general cleaning duties as assigned by the Stewarding Supervisor in accordance established standards of performance and schedules.
- Ensure the safe, correct and economic use of Stewarding equipment that includes|:
- Dishwashing Machine
- Glass washing Machine
- Pot Washing Machine
- Floor Cleaning and Maintenance machines
- Silver Burnishing Machine
- Clean, wash, polish dishes and other operating equipment in any Food and beverage outlet according to the established hygiene and sanitation standards.
- Clean, wash pots, pans and other kitchen utensils in accordance with the established hygiene and sanitation standards.
- Count, sort and prepare operating equipment for Banquet functions.
- Ensure that all operating and kitchen equipment/utensils are maintained to high standard with minimum breakage.
- Ensure that all machineries and equipments are clean and sanitized according to the established hygiene and sanitation standard.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Clean all service areas and back of the house areas as necessary or as directed by Stewarding Supervisor.
- Keep all kitchen areas clean, neat, tidy and well organize at all times.
- Remove food waste and garbage at periodic intervals or as necessary in accordance with the established sanitation standard.
- Ensure that high standard of personal hygiene and grooming are strictly observed and followed.
- To ensure that prescribed uniform are worn well pressed and in good state of repair, and ensure that name badges are worn at all times
We are looking to appoint a Kitchen Steward for the stunning 5* Sofitel Dubai Downtown who thrives in a high pressured and rewarding team environment and is looking for a career with a hospitality leader.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of one year of previous experience working within a similar role, preferably within the hospitality industry
- Ability to effectively manage workloads, meet deadlines, assess priorities, and manage multiple task
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team