Hygiene Officer - Sofitel Dubai Downtown
Full job details
Sofitel Dubai Downtown sets a new standard for urban sophistication and refined luxury with a Magnifique commitment to service and French elegance. Its 31 floors of artfully designed rooms and suites, chic restaurants, trendy bars and infinity pool terrace boast spectacular views over the Dubai skyline.
The Hygiene Officer as ambassador of Sofitel Dubai Downtown is required to actively promote the quality image of the company and the hotel at every opportunity.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To assist in development, implementation crosses verification of Food Safety Management System programs.
- To coordinate with various department heads and provide necessary support on hygiene related issues across the organization.
- To assist in the implementation of corrective actions, and ensure verification and closure of all findings related to inspections, audits and microbiological sampling results.
- To design and develop training programs (application oriented) for food handlers.
- To train food handlers in conjunction with departmental heads / process owners and improve overall competence of food handlers.
- To provide technical guidance on relevant food safety concerns and process improvements.
- To organize lab testing based on defined requirement and interpret results to facilitate implementation of corrective actions and communicate the same.
- To upgrade product safety, by adapting to more stringent specifications based on internationally recognized standards / best industry practices.
- To conduct periodic hygiene audits / inspections, and spot checks as required.
- To conduct supplier audits and assist in supplier approval and performance monitoring.
- To coordinate drafting of SOP’s by various departments, where necessary.
- To keep self-updated on current trends and happenings in food safety and hygiene matters, including legal requirements.
- To ensure timely communication of HACCP and legal requirements to the concerned staff and management.
- To ensure effectiveness of the HACCP based food safety system by consolidating food safety data, customer complaints, etc. and communicate the same to management and concerned HOD’s.
- To co-ordinate conduct of management review meetings, internal audits and HACCP system reassessment.
- To ensure through the support of the HACCP team that the importance of in-house, customer and regulatory requirements are effectively communicated and understood down the line.
- To report to top management regarding the progress of the HACCP implementation program and the need for specific resources.
- To ensure that the HACCP manual and all related documentation is amended as per the system and is up to date.
- To ensure maintenance of records related to management review meetings, internal, local authority, customer and third party audits.
- To ensure conduct of HACCP team meetings and communication of findings to relevant departments including recording and closure of follow-ups.
- To be updated about all legal requirements, amendments, notices and new information this will affect the HACCP implementation process.
We are looking to appoint a Hygiene Officer for the stunning 5* Sofitel Dubai Downtown who thrives in a high pressured and rewarding team environment and is looking for a career with a hospitality leader.
- Due to role requirements, the candidate must have the following profile:
- Relevant degree in the field of food safety
- Previous experience in the same role (minimum of 2 years)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Computer literate