Translated from Arabic, Meydan means ‘a meeting place’. Meydan Hotels, through its collection of luxury hotels & resorts, provides its guests and customers with a myriad of unique and iconic places to meet.
Whether it is a meeting of minds at a board meeting or a meeting of hearts at a wedding reception, Meydan Hotels has unrivalled venues that make its properties the place to meet.
Meydan Hotels not only personifies warm, authentic yet modern Arabian hospitality; it also represents luxury, elegance, space, style, action and serenity.
With its home in Meydan City, a prestigious new business, sporting and lifestyle destination in Dubai, Meydan Hotels is ideally situated at the epicenter of one of the world’s most exhilarating destinations. Its portfolio currently includes The Meydan Hotel and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai.
About the Role:
As the Sous Chef, you'll contribute to the smooth running of the hotel kitchen by assisting the Chef De Cuisine in areas of profit management, stock and wastage control, food standards and training and development of the kitchen brigade. You will prepare and present food to a high standard, maintain hygiene practices and actively develop your kitchen skills and knowledge.
- Review all written communication, ie, daily/weekly, reservation, rooming list, BEOs, to determine.
- Assist Chef de Cuisine & Executive Sous Chef in the Day to Day Operations.
- Prepares and develops menus, recipe costing, training of dishes.
- Assists with training and developing
- Communicate with restaurant manager for smooth running of front and back of the house.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong client relationship and ensuring that all outlets are communicated to and execute by all hotel operation departments making for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all policies, procedures and quality standard within the department, utilizing a continuous improvement approach to ensure a high quality, cost effective and customer focused operation.
- Maintain a high level of service by constantly training and coaching all direct reports and talent. Daily training plan in place follow by monthly training plan.
- Inspect and overseas the cleanliness and maintenance of all function space, public areas, and service areas.
- Responsible for stock rotation, direct purchase and control of expiry food product on the shelving.
- Knowledge of all food & beverage procedures standards, quality presentation, service and products and local health & sanitation standards.
To be considered for this Role:
Post graduate and/ or Hotel Management School and/ or completed Apprenticeship with Diploma and Minimum of 2 years in a similar position in a high volume, internationally recognized luxury hotel chain or food and beverage establishment.