Translated from Arabic, Meydan means ‘a meeting place’. Meydan Hotels, through its collection of luxury hotels & resorts, provides its guests and customers with a myriad of unique and iconic places to meet.
Whether it is a meeting of minds at a board meeting or a meeting of hearts at a wedding reception, Meydan Hotels has unrivalled venues that make its properties the place to meet.
Meydan Hotels not only personifies warm, authentic yet modern Arabian hospitality; it also represents luxury, elegance, space, style, action and serenity.
With its home in Meydan City, a prestigious new business, sporting and lifestyle destination in Dubai, Meydan Hotels is ideally situated at the epicenter of one of the world’s most exhilarating destinations. Its portfolio currently includes The Meydan Hotel and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai.
About the Role:
Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Hotel’s Millennium Lounge while ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees, supervisors and assistant managers in the Hotel’s Millennium Lounge to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
• The ability to be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
• Describe and ensure quality of all food items, ingredients, and preparation methods, as well as provide expert knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
• The ability to work closely with the Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price and attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
• Control labour and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory and cash control.
• Observe physical condition of facilities and equipment in the outlet and make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
• Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
To be considered for this Role:
You should be holding a degree in Hotel or Restaurant Management and minimum two years’ work experience as an Outlet Manager in a 5 Star Hotel. You must be a computer literate with excellent presentation skills and highly sophisticated communication skills, written and oral with proficiency in English is essential and any other language skills beside will be an asset.