ANANTARA THE PALM DUBAI RESORT
Imagine a unique destination set on a man-made marvel on the Dubai coastline that entices one and all with a distinct blend of serenity and splendour. Offering an urban escape, Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort is a wondrous place where a decadent experience awaits at a Palm Jumeirah hotel unlike any other.
Perched on the eastern crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah, an archipelago of islands connected to the mainland, Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort is a remarkable resort inspired by traditional Thai architecture in an Arabian setting. A 45 minute drive from Dubai International Airport and within easy reach of a plethora of exciting attractions including Aquaventure Water Park, Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai and Dubai Marina, this resort is where one can savour moments of bliss surrounded in unimaginable magnificence.
Members of the Kitchen Department are responsible for ensuring that all visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity, and variety of our food and beverage offerings in every area of the hotel, and that F&B is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market.
A Chef de Partie/Noodle Maker is responsible for the oversight of all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section. Because of this, a successful Chef de Partie/Noodle Maker must be very knowledgeable about their specialty, as well as culinary functions in general. A person in this role must also be very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. A Chef de Partie/Noodle Maker must also be able to give orders within their section, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all activities within a Restaurant Kitchen area, ensuring a safe, smooth running and profitable operation within the framework of the Hotel.
- It’s the responsibility of the Noodle maker to ensure that all of the noodle recipes are correct and followed by.
- Support the development of Restaurant concepts and standards.
- The noodle maker will also be creative in his offerings and be able to suggest new ideas to enhance the offerings which he provides.
- Adhere to Anantara food preparation and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality culinary offerings to our guests. Continually look to recommend improvements and additions to the Anantara presentation guidelines.
- Maintain food safety & protection. All food in working areas should be in compliance with food handling techniques, including dating, proper storage, rotation, etc. Maintain basic food safety and sanitation practices.
- Maintain outlet safety at all times.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- To maximize colleague productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- To liaise with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges
- Assists in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Identifies Market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and local market, and Monitors and analyses the menus and products of competitive restaurants.
- Plans and implements effective food promotions in co-ordination with the speciality chef.
- To respond to change in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- Take responsibility for asset management of all outlet property and facilities.
- Participate in departmental training to improve departmental skills and hotel service levels, providing associates the training and resources to take care of our guests.
• Bachelor’s Degree or any culinary degree
• Must have worked at least one year as a Chef de Partie/Noodle Maker in Hotels and Restaurants
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strongly committed to teamwork and customer service