Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Minor Hotels is a hotel owner, operator and investor, currently with a portfolio of 145 hotels and serviced suites in operation under the Anantara, AVANI, PER AQUUM, TIVOLI, Oaks, Elewana and Minor International brands. Today MHG operates in 22 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America.
TIVOLI Hotels & Resorts is part of the Minor Hotel Group and is present as a brand in 12 units in Portugal and two in Brazil. With over 80 years of existence, the TIVOLI Hotels & Resorts stands out by offering unique experiences that make known the most authentic in each destination, and an innovative service and excellence. In Portugal, the TIVOLI is present in the main tourist destinations: the cosmopolitan city of Lisbon, the romantic town of Sintra and the beaches and the Algarve golf courses. In Brazil, brand presence in vibrant São Paulo and Bahia warm.
At TIVOLI Hotels & Resorts, we place clear emphasis on the talent of our team members. We have strong, innovative and dynamic teams which, through their dedication and professionalism, ensure that every guest enjoys an unforgettable experience at our hotels.
A TIVOLI team member needs to have includes: smiling, helpful and outgoing, communicative, dedicated, creative, flexible, responsible and energetic.
Work with US
We strive to hire the best candidates for our vacancies, Al Najada hotel Doha by TIVOLI has an opening role of Assistant Executive Housekeeper. Bring your unique talent to our project!
As an Assistant Executive Housekeeper, you will be responsible for assisting with overseeing housekeeping operations to deliver an outstanding guest experience.
- To oversee and ensure overall cleanliness of the hotels and public areas in accordance with Department of Health and Hotel standards.
- To ensure all safety procedures are adhered to, and follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ensure prompt and courteous service to guests, and to ensure that all guest experiences are distinctively supreme.
- Prepare monthly meeting agendas utilizing Executive Housekeeper input.
- Prepare weekly guest room supplies inventory and consumption reports.
- Complete 20 random guest room/suite inspections daily, as well as all VIPs, guest hallways, pantries, and service areas.
- Conduct quarterly linen inventory for rooms.
- Follow-up on any outstanding maintenance issues in guest rooms via maintenance work orders.
- Implement general cleaning program and inspect and document accordingly.
- Implement annual retraining program for all colleagues and document accordingly.
- Implement special project list and monitor and document completion accordingly.
- Complete annual staff evaluations with the assistance of Executive Housekeeper. Coach, counsel and use appropriate disciplinary steps.
- Conduct all room attendant interviews.
- Implement permanent "showroom" program for all properties, and inspect and release to Sales by 9.00 a.m. each morning.
- Distribute, delegate and direct workload to ensure maximum productivity and customer satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials.
- Monitor and evaluate team member performance. Coach and counsel team members when needed.
- Plan and monitor activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards.
- Inspect work in public space and guest rooms and provide guidelines to ensure standards are met and deficiencies are corrected.
- Select and train housekeeping team in proper work procedures and techniques with particular focus on safety.
- Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information to staff.
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for team members and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with the hotel’s standards.
- Assist EHK with the preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Monitor and control budget throughout the year.
- Maintain inventories of amenities, chemicals, etc. to ensure items are in stock and reordered in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the laundry department to ensure linen and uniform supply is stocked accordingly.
- Previous Housekeeping leadership experience required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required.
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset.
- Excellent command of English language (both oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.