Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
Under the general direction of the Director
of Guest Services, and within the limits of established InterContinental Hotels
Group policies and procedures and local hotel policies and procedure, assists
in the forward planning of the department which includes Concierge Operations,
Bell Service, Doorman, Transport and Valet Parkers.
Lead the Concierge function in the
coordination of any guests’ needs, special requests, and enquiries to ensure
superior service and value is delivered for our guests.
Be the brand ambassador for “In the Know” by
establishing strong and sustainable working relationships with internal and
Duties & Responsibilities
- At every possible opportunity, promote the hotel’s other businesses such as Food & Beverage outlets and Spa, with recommendations and In the know details to entice a visit.
- Prepare, effectively manage and achieve the department’s budget, in accordance with Hotel budget, liaising with Director of Guest Service and Finance department, driving profitability while maintaining Guest optimal experience.
- Effectively monitor and analyze variations from the budget.
- Analyse and approve discounts and rebates done by the team.
- Manage Cash Float (if applicable) and financial transactions within hotel policies and procedures
- Develop systems that measure the cost effectiveness of the department, by introducing tracking procedures that enable effective control of the running costs of the department
- Be aware of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out.
- Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures where appropriate.
- Work within the company’s
Human Resource Management System to ensure the departmental performance of
staff is productive. Duties include assisting the Director of Guest Services to:
Plan for future staffing
Recruit in line with
Actively work on succession
planning for key positions, develop staff and identify high potentials and
talents within the department.
Prepare detailed induction
program for new staff.
- Manage departmental roster, ensuring staffing levels in accordance with hotel operation
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements across the departments, plan and assign work, and work with the team to establish performance and development goals.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with local laws and safety regulations.
- Ensure staff are properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service and quality standards.
- Mentor, coach, counsel and discipline staff, provide regular constructive feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Maintain a complete, comprehensive, up to date, and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation and follow up.
- Ensure department has necessary, productive tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Ensure timely training needs of the departmental staff are carried out and training programs are designed and implemented in accordance to operational needs and challenges.
- Maintain training records for all direct reports and ensure they do the same for their staff.
- Conduct periodic probation and formal performance appraisal in line with company guidelines and deadlines.
- Approve leave requests taking into consideration business patterns, peaks and troughs in the operation.
- Develop, implement and follow up tailored action plans and procedures ensuring Staff Satisfaction and Motivation
- Demonstrate service
attributes in accordance with industry standards, guest expectations and
company Brand standards including:
Being attentive to guests;
Accurately and promptly
fulfilling guests requests;
Anticipate guests needs;
Maintain a high level of general
knowledge which affects the guest experience;
Demonstrate a ‘service’,
genuine and caring attitude;
Taking appropriate, prompt and responsible actions to resolve guest complaints.
- Ensure team members provide guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Assist and guide all guests and visitors of the hotel
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to other necessary departments and ensure follow up.
- Collect, provide and maintain comprehensive updated “In the Know knowledge” across the team, be prepared to meet guest requests and deliver superior service. These services could include: sporting events, places of interest, restaurants, theatre, airline, transportation tickets, limousine rentals, sightseeing tours, spa services, sitters, florists, couriers, mail services, international calls and any other information of interest.
- Review and update existing standards to ensure competitiveness.
- Monitor departmental HeartBeat results, mystery audits and quality evaluations.
- Compose and Implement comprehensive action plans to improve Guest satisfaction results ensuring maximum team involvement
- Be prepared and equipped to meet the diverse cultural needs of guests from around the world.
- Ensure a “welcoming sense of arrival” and demonstrate a “sincere goodbye” by supporting any needs at the bell stand or the door while ensuring the lobby and Concierge area’s appearance reflect highly on the hotel and company.
- Ensure all customers receive a fast, efficient and friendly service following the InterContinental Brand Standard Guidelines and the Standard of Operations Procedures of the hotel.
- Gain knowledge of Company Health and Safety Policies and ensure your areas promote and comply with them.
- Take responsibility to rectify hazardous situations, report major areas of concern to your manager, General Manager or designate.
- Familiarize yourself with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and actively enforce these in your area of responsibility.
- Ensure security incidents in your operational area are reviewed and corrective measures implemented to prevent recurring incidents.
- In conjunction with the Emergency Response Team prepare emergency procedures upon advice from relevant authority that cover such emergencies as Fire, Power Outrage, Bomb Threat, Cyclone Warnings, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all company policies and procedures relating to Health, Security, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are logged investigated and rectified to prevent future catastrophes.
- Ensure that the handover procedures are followed in the transferring of all relevant information on a daily basis.
- Report to a Director of Guest Services
- Hotel and Rooms Master key
- Front Office cash floats
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel
Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service
experience including management experience. Must speak fluent English; other
This job requires ability to perform the
- Communication skills; demonstrate ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and/or certifications, etc.
- May be required to work during nights, weekends, and/or holidays.