Resort Assistant Manager
Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
general direction of the Director of Guest Services and his assistant, and
within the limits of established by InterContinental Hotels Group and local
hotel policies and procedures; provides supportive functional assistance to Front
Office as well as other departments; interacting with guests and other
stakeholders within the property.
Is accountable of maintaining smooth, efficient
and seamless operations in Front Office, as well as support other operational departments
when necessary. Will be Manager on Duty at the hotel during specific time
periods (late evening, night and early morning)
Each GSAM will be assigned to one specific section
of Front Office (Night, Instant Service Centre, and Reception).
GSAMs will be required to work night shifts
regularly and on a monthly basis, acting as Night Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
Develop systems that
measure the cost effectiveness of the department, by introducing tracking
procedures that enable effective control of the running costs of the department
Be aware of credit policies and procedures and liaise
closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly
department Cash Float (if applicable) and financial transactions within hotel
policies and procedures
Analyses and approves discounts and rebates.
Ensures front line staffs comply with selling strategy
techniques and Revenue maximization.
Responsible to drive the Front Office team in
achieving the monthly Up-Selling, Ambassador and IHG Rewards enrolment Targets.
Effectively manage staffing costs by preparing
efficient work schedules for function in line with legal requirements taking
into account Personal/Professional balance of colleagues
Work within the company’s HR
regulations to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
Duties may include assisting your Line Manager to:
- Plan for future staffing needs
- Recruit in line with company guidelines
- Prepare detailed induction program for new staff
- Develop operational rosters, ensuring staffing levels in accordance with hotel operation
- Maintain a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation
- Educate and train team members in compliance with local laws and safety regulations
- Ensure staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service and quality standards.
- Mentor, coach, counsel and discipline line staff, provide regular constructive feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance
- Conduct periodic appraisals for direct reports and follows up PDPs
- Supervises and directs Front Office personnel
- Supports and assists Front Office personnel at peak periods
- Inspects front of house and back of house regularly for cleanliness
- Monitors appropriate standards of conduct, uniform, hygiene, and grooming standards
- Develop, implement and follow up tailored action plans and procedures ensuring employee satisfaction
- Demonstrate service
attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards
Being attentive to guests;
Accurately and promptly
fulfilling guests requests;
Anticipate guests needs;
Maintain a high level of general
and local knowledge which affects the guest experience;
Demonstrating a ‘service’,
genuine and caring attitude;
Taking appropriate, prompt and responsible actions
to resolve guest complaints.
- Deal with, log and follow up with all guest queries and complaints, ensure that they are resolved; resulting in optimum guest satisfaction. Analyze guests complaint patterns and implement preventive action plans in liaison with other operational departments
- Reacts to situations to ensure guests receive prompt attention and personal recognition throughout the hotel.
- Be prepared and equipped to meet the diverse cultural needs of guests from around the world.
- Effectively manage overbooking situations, and carry-out book-outs as necessary following the guidelines as directed by Director of Guest Services in liaison with Revenue and Sales department.
- Monitors HeartBeat results, mystery audits and implements action plans to improve results.
- Ensure maximum team involvement in the HeartBeat program in order to obtain higher results.
- Ensures VIPs, Ambassadors and IHG Rewards guests receive special recognition and personalized attention.
- Assists Reception and Guest Relations during busy times. Supporting the operations to ensure optimal guest experience
- Checks billing instructions and monitors guest credit.
- Along with Front Office Section Heads, meet and greet guests as needed.
- Perform tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Familiarize yourself with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and actively enforce these in your area of responsibility.
- Ensure security incidents in your operational area are reviewed and corrective measures implemented to prevent recurring incidents.
- In conjunction with the Emergency Response Team prepare emergency procedures upon advice from relevant authority that cover such emergencies as Fire, Power Outrage, Bomb Threat, Cyclone Warnings, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all company policies and procedures relating to Health, Security, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are logged investigated and rectified to prevent future catastrophes.
- Ensure that the handover procedures are followed in the transferring of all relevant information on a daily basis.
- Hotel and Rooms Master key
- Credit Follow up
- Correct billing of guest upon check out and appropriate payment method
- Front exchange floats
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?If so, make it happen and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of personal and professional opportunities exist.
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel
Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service
experience including management experience. Must speak fluent English; other
This job requires ability to perform the
- Communication skills; demonstrate ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and/or certifications, etc.
- May be required to work during nights, weekends, and/or holidays.