Guest Relations & Club Intercontinental Manager
Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
Under the general direction of
the Director of Guest Services/ Front Office and within the limits of the established
InterContinental Hotels Group and local policies and procedures, oversees and
directs all aspects of the guest relations function including Club
InterContinental to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction to current
and future VIPs and Club InterContinental guests.
a solid relationship with the F&B and Kitchen team to ensure optimal guest
experience at the InterContinental Club.
accountable for maintaining smooth, efficient and seamless operations in hotel
lobby and lounge; support other operational departments when necessary. Expected
to cover Duty Manager Shifts when necessary
Ensures maximum interaction is
achieved with Hotel Guests, that Loyalty card holders are recognized as per
their status and receiving special treatment, and is present at all PR events
taking place in the hotel (GM Cocktail...etc.)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop systems that measure the cost effectiveness of the Guest Relations function and Club InterContinental, by introducing tracking procedures that enable effective control of costs
- Be aware of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out.
- Responsible to drive the Front Office team in achieving the monthly Up-Selling, Ambassador and IHG Rewards enrolment Targets.
- Promotes Inter-hotel sales, in house facilities and Food & Beverage outlets.
- Analyses and approves discounts and rebates.
- Ensures front line staffs comply with selling strategy techniques and Revenue maximization.
- Effectively manage staffing costs by preparing efficient work schedules for function in line with legal requirements taking into account Personal/Professional balance of colleagues
- Monitor and manage Food & Beverage orders are done in an efficient manner, prepare forecasts that are pro-actively communicated to the Kitchen Team.
- Work within the company’s
Human Resource Management System to ensure the departmental performance of
staff is productive.
Duties may include assisting your Line Manager to:
- Plan for future staffing needs, succession planning and team development
- Recruit in line with company guidelines
- Prepare detailed induction program for new colleagues
- Develop operational rosters, ensuring staffing levels in accordance with hotel operation
- Maintain a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation
- Educate and train team members in compliance with local laws and safety regulations
- Ensure your team is properly trained on systems, standards, security and cash handling procedures, service and quality standards, maintaining records for all direct reports
- Mentor, coach, counsel and discipline line staff, provide regular constructive feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Conduct periodic appraisals for direct reports and follows up PDPs.
- Organize and conduct regular meeting for all Guest Relations and Club InterContinental colleagues to facilitate communications and smooth operations. Prepare, participate and engage colleagues in daily briefings
- Supervises Guest Relations and Club InterContinental Team to ensure consistent high standard of customer service
- Supports and assists Front Office personnel at peak periods.
- Inspects front of house and back of house regularly for cleanliness.
- Monitors appropriate standards of conduct, uniform, hygiene, and appearance of staff.
- Ensures that all staff has a high level of product knowledge of the hotel and the local area and know what is happening in the hotel on a daily basis.
- Develop, implement and follow up tailored action plans and procedures ensuring Staff Satisfaction and Motivation
- Demonstrate service
attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards
Being attentive to Guests;
Accurately and promptly
fulfilling Guests requests;
Anticipate Guests needs;
Maintain a high level of general
and local knowledge which affects the Guest experience;
Demonstrating a ‘service’,
genuine and caring attitude
Taking appropriate, prompt and responsible actions
to resolve guest complaints
prepared and equipped to meet the diverse cultural needs of guests from around
- Effectively manage overbooking situations, and carry-out book-outs as necessary following the guidelines as directed by Director of Guest Services in liaison with Revenue and Sales department.
- Monitors HeartBeat results, mystery audits and implements action plans to improve results.
- Ensure maximum team involvement in the HeartBeat program in order to obtain higher results.
- Ensures VIPs, Club guests, Ambassadors and IHG Rewards guests receive special recognition and personalized attention.
- Assists Reception and other departments during busy times. Supporting the operations to ensure optimal guest experience
- Along with Front Office Section Heads, meet and greet guests as needed.
- Perform tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Monitor guest relations’ and Club InterContinental personnel to ensure maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt cordial attention from arrival through departure.
- Actively participate in putting forward creative ideas to enhance Club InterContinental experience (Variety of F&B offer…etc)
- Familiarize yourself with Company Health and Safety Policies and ensure your areas promote and comply with them.
- Take responsibility to rectify hazardous situations, reporting major areas of concern to your General Manager or designate.
- Familiarize yourself with property safety, first aid, fire, emergency procedures and actively enforce these in your area of responsibility.
- Ensure security incidents in your operational area are reviewed and corrective measures implemented to prevent recurring incidents.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all company policies and procedures relating to Health, Security, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are logged investigated and rectified to prevent future catastrophes.
- Monitors the enrolment and correct handling and updating of Priority Club Membership in Loyalty Connect and Opera.
- To respect and follow grooming standards as provided and requested by the hotel Management.
- Ensure that the handover procedures are followed in the transferring of all relevant information on a daily basis.
Do you have what it
takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen
and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of
personal and professional opportunities exist.
degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel
years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience.
speak fluent English; other languages preferred.
interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent reading and writing abilities for
completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and
receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills,
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating,
organizational and training abilities
- Ability to work
nights, weekends, and/or holidays.