Commis 1 (Arabic and International Cuisine) - Ramada Sharjah
- Informs on a daily basis the Chef de Partie on all relevant information on operational.
- Sees to it that all food items for restaurant and special functions are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standards.
- Prepares on a daily basis food requisitions as assigned.
- Maintaining of cleanliness in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers.
- Performs duties common to position and other duties as maybe assigned.
- Controls cost by minimizing spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control.
- Preparation of assigned lunch and dinner buffets, special functions, banquets and restaurants
- Tests all food before it is served.
- Attends training sessions.
- Reports any equipment on the section which needs repair or maintenance
- Checks function sheets, daily menus, promotions
- Ensures freshness and suitability of products used by the section and that they are stored properly.
- Ensures smooth running of the section during direct supervisors’ absences.
- To be familiar with local food hygiene and HACCP guidelines as per Dubai Municipality