SPA & WELLNESS MANAGER - Cambodia
SPA & WELLNESS MANAGER
Song Saa Private Island is Cambodia’s first private island resort, setting new benchmarks for luxury and sustainability. This award-winning property lies nestled in the magnificent seascape of the Koh Rong Archipelago off the Cambodian coastline. 27 luxurious villas built with sustainable materials and the deepest respect for the environment.
At the heart of Song Saa Private Island are the Song Saa Sanctuaries -– recently named “Most Soulful Spa of the Year” at the 2014 Conde Nast Traveller Spa Awards. Song Saa’s Sanctuaries are places of peace and gentleness where mind, body and soul are restored to their natural stillness and harmony.
The Spa & Wellness Manager leads our small, talented spa team to provide an award-winning, world-class wellness experience to our discerning guests. This role requires a dynamic, spiritual individual who embraces the concept of luxury that treads lightly to create a unique and transformative guest experience.
- Providing a personalized, bespoke spa service to our guests, consulting and recommending treatments with a high degree of professionalism.
- Managing and coordinating the overall operations of the spa and spa sanctuaries, while engaging with all departments of Song Saa to incorporate their benefits/activities into consultations.
- Creating bespoke wellness retreats for visiting experts/practitioners to promote Song Saa’s spa and wellness network.
- Managing a monthly budget for the spa and ensuring the spa sanctuaries are maintained to an award-winning standard.
- Motivating the spa team to exceed revenue targets through promotions, upselling and liaising with other departments.
- Performing Yoga classes and designing bespoke programs for guests with other alternative wellness mediums
- Managing the spa therapists and ensure they are trained and motivated to a high standard.
- Completing all necessary reporting, inventories, budgets to financial targets.
- Liaising with the General Manager to ensure the guests receive the award-winning standards of service expected.
- Working with the Executive Sous Chef to design Spa menus such as Detox and Raw Menu.
- Conducting guest therapies and treatments when required and as part of the wellness programs.
- Conducts and or designs Host wellness programs I conjunction with the resort HR department.
- At least 4-5 years experiences in the role of Spa Manager or Assistant Spa Manager in a luxury resort property.
- Qualified Yoga Instructor (including SUP Yoga) & Experience with wellness retreats.
- Preferably a degree in physiotherapy or spa field.
- Preferably ilā trained but not essential.
- Would suit a person with hospitality background and understanding of what that entails.
- Enthusiastic with a passion for customer service and achievement of personal and professional goals
- A minimum of one year working in a remote island properties (such as Maldives or South Pacific Island would be advantageous)
Learn more about Song Saa at www.songsaa.com
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the anticipated levels of response