Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SPECIFIC PRE - OPENING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and assess risk factors in property designs and
conduct possible risks and hazards evaluation.
- Review the construction, design and setting up phases and
ensure all facilities are safe for colleagues, guests and visitors.
- Oversee the laying out of Loss Prevention technology related
facilities like CCTV system, Fire Alarm Systems etc.
- Identify evacuation areas.
- Act as an advisor to the first time implementation of all
risk reduction plans as required.
- Suggest any new ideas important for the successful opening of
- Effectively work with selected vendors to ensure quality from
the outset through SMART contracts.
- Liaise with Government entities for successful risk
management permissions and approvals.
- Understand or design available or required Standard Operating
Procedures for ways of working.
- Devise/ approve/ implement operational manuals, brand service
standards and job descriptions for use of technology.
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive Crisis Plan for the
- Plan and recruit key member(s) of own team/ outsource casual
manpower as per IHG People tools in collaboration with Director of Human
- Oversee recruitment, induction and training of own team and
other teams on risk management related courses.
- Participate in New Hire Induction of all colleagues in
matters of Risk Mitigation related learning.
- Plan and oversee all logistics in own department for a smooth
and successful opening.
- Ensure that the facilities are well set up, logistics are
available and the right quality of human resources are recruited, trained and
made enthusiastically ready for the opening as per deadlines from Owning
company, IHG and General Manager.
- Play a significant role in supporting hotel profitability by
eradicating or reducing probability of losses through prevention of internal
fraud, internal crime and stock loss.
- Protection from security related liability claims, commercial
advantage through effective hotel security, the promotion of sales through
security competency and meeting corporate client, leisure guests security
expectations in line with IHG policies.
- Implement HACCP to minimize/ eradicate risks and losses in
food production, handling and service.
- To make the hotel a safe place, thereby increasing business
prospects to the hotel.
- Identifying or approving all suppliers and vendors to ensure
safe and risk free products and services
- Recruit and develop a highly trained and alert Risk Management
Team of full time and casual colleagues.
- Develop programmers that drive improvements in colleague knowledge,
skills and behaviours towards identifying and dealing with risks.
- Acquire and impart knowledge about health, fire life safety,
food hygiene and health laws in Dubai.
- Develop, implement and monitor team succession planning to
ensure future bench strength in this critical function..
- Establish performance and development goals for team members
and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance.
- Oversee any salary, disciplinary or staffing/human resources
related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Ensure presence of relevant colleagues in hotel
transportation, at hotel entrance, inside lobby and other areas of the premises
too promote sense of safety and security.
- Consistently provide quick resolutions, identify, analyse,
solve issues creatively, effectively and quickly for colleague, guests and
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate
with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and
programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Make time to interact with guests, solicit feedback and build
- To develop and consistently enhancing best practice process
in order to increase colleagues productivity and to provide seamless guest
- Ensure the safety and security of guest, staff, visitors and
contractors by effectively managing all
- safety& security, Fire Life Safety and food hygiene risks
faced by the hotel.
- Record and notify all risks, deviations from brand safety
standards and any untoward incidents.
- Play an active role in the hotel green initiatives and
The Risk Manager is the main point of safety and security
delegation, FLS and HACCP, and is the principal advisor to the RM/ GM in all
matters related to safety, security and risk management.
The Risk Manager is accountable for the performance of the
hotel security team, security agency, Hygiene Officer and coordination with the
Do you have what it
takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen
and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of
personal and professional opportunities exist.
- Bachelor’s degree /
higher education qualification
- 3 - 4 years
experience in roles dealing with Risk Management, Safety& Security, FLS or
HACCP responsibilities in a reputable hotel
- Fluency in English
and Arabic is essential
- Security Manager
certification by Local Police
- Strong business decision making skills. (MEA experience would be an
- Familiarity with organization design models and decision-making
- Effective presentation, communication, consulting and
interpersonal/consensus building skills for the purpose of providing information to management and colleagues
- A strong analytical mind