Director of Leisure and Well-Being - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the Burj Al Arab soars to a height of 321 meters dominating the Dubai coastline. At night it offers an unforgettable sight surrounded by choreographed colour sculptures of water and fire. This all-suite hotel reflects the finest that the world has to offer.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Director of Leisure and Well-being to join the Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is to oversee all aspects relating to wellness, retail and leisure. You will lead, manage and train internal management/supervisors to provide world class experiences to both internal and external guests.
The main duties include:
- Ensure the building is operated in accordance with the Health and Safety policies & procedures of Jumeirah & Burj Al Arab.
- Maintenance of all equipment, FF+E and asset related.
- Ensure measurable, quality objectives are established and actively participate in the review of these objectives.
- Provide effective leadership and continuous growth opportunities for all colleagues.
- Foster and maintain effective and communicative relationships with other relevant departments.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all members in order to progressively grow the business to year on year targets.
- Manage membership database, revenue & credit levels.
- Maintain up to date industry and technical knowledge & skill sets.
- Ensure sufficient departmental manning levels and competency sets are maintained within the dept.
- Control the costs and budget within the framework stipulated.
- Maximize profit through driving revenues and controlling costs within the business.
- Achieve budget through planned initiatives and controlling.
- Manage and assess the team performance and direct the team to achieve success where everyone contributes.
- Review guest feedback, JD Power, Mystery Shopper results and plan and implement corrective action if needed.
- Responsible for a consistent great experience that exceeds guests’ expectations and meets required standards.
- Continually Research and develop new spa and wellness experiences, treatments, programs & products and liaise with suppliers in this regard to maintain innovation and originality.
- Manage the retail outlet ensuring maximized profits and high delivery of standards to the guests.
- Continuously ensure smooth running and compliance to hotel policies and standards.
- Be an active role model to the entire Spa and Retail team ensuring the lines of communication are always open and regular meetings and coaching sessions are hosted.
- Create/recommend promotions and packages in conjunction with Spa Director.
- Active in the support of other hotel departments where Spa/Wellness/Leisure/Retail can provide assistance where appropriate.
- Oversee all aspects of the day to day running of all assigned areas and ensuring appropriate maintenance of all areas.
- Be the point of contact for Organizers of Royal Families, Dignitaries and VVIP Guests and co-ordinate their requirements.
- Promote a positive and enthusiastic environment throughout the entire Spa, Health Club and Retail Shop areas.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have a qualification in hospitality or leisure or tourism degree level and/or wellness or health club & spa management degree.
You will have a minimum of 5 years senior management experience, leading wellness facility, sports & leisure field including but not limited to spa, fitness & pool management in a large and multi-cultural team for a 5 star luxury environment.
It is essential that you are team leader, team worker, people focus as well as result oriented. It is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times.