Groups & Events Sales Specialist
Full job details
Under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Sales and the Director of Sales, develop and maintain an account base within the corporate market, generating revenue and new business opportunities for the hotel. Maximizing rooms / F&B / Conference and Banqueting business from a defined account base. Proactively uncovering new prospects for the Sheraton Dubai Creek and maximizing conversion of business in line with Hotels’ budgetary goals.
This will include maintenance of updated company profiles in Opera Sales & Catering, face to face interviews with clients, negotiating rates/contracts and closing deals within parameters established by the DOS. Carry out promotional activity e.g. FAM trips, educational site inspections, mailings and incentives, participate in sales blitzes, workshops as appropriate.
This position is considered to be Junior within the Sales team but still requires a high degree of self motivation and the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative.
Representing Sheraton Dubai Creek promoting the quality image of the company at every opportunity (Within the local community inside & outside the hotel).
- The Sales associate is accountable for transient/group business on an established account base consisting primarily of Key prospects and Other Active Files.
- Pro actively manage pre-determine and new account base will cover mainly embassies/consulates/trade offices, local trading companies, banks and multinational companies as well as some tour operators.
- Proactively prospecting new accounts for Sheraton Dubai Creek and other properties worldwide and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts.
- Conduct a minimum of 20 to 25 sales calls per week
- Maintain and prepare individual sales calls reports on a daily basis
- Maintain updated customer profiles/action plans and account plan
- To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Events Teams.
- Answer all customer correspondence within 24-hrs.
- Ensure Group information sheets are distributed at least one week prior to group arrival
- Regularly entertain during lunch or dinner at least 4 clients per week.
- Achieve room nights & revenue targets as set with the DOS
- Enroll clients & guests in Marriott Loyalty programs as per targets given by the DOS
- Update all reports required by the hotel & Marriott in a timely manner
- Follow up on Group exit interviews
- Be fully knowledgeable regarding the property, ongoing promotions & upgrades
- Evaluate prospective client’s overall requirements, check for competitor hotels used and evaluate the client’s approximate business potential for our hotel.
- Following-up on all commitments made to a client in a timely manner and with all the details and services promised
- After closing a deal, take personal responsibility for the delivery of superior guest service through meticulous follow-up, ensuring that the client is satisfied and that service standards have been met.
- Proactively contact customers for business development for groups and events
- Successfully handles the and maintain existing accounts by conducting follow up sales calls, telephone calls and entertainment
- Ensure proper follow up on all groups and events
- Prepare and send out all the BEO’s/ group information sheet to departments concerned
- Attend internal and external meetings required
- Submit weekly plans and daily activities report
- Conduct daily follow up telephone calls to potential customers
- Conduct hotel show arounds for potential customers and walk in guests
- Prepare and send groups and events proposals and contracts to the clients
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written English other languages is a plus.
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills on OPERA, Delphi and any internal Marriott hotel systems
- Must have a working knowledge of types of room set-ups, capacities, relation to type of event, etc.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
- Must have exceptional organizational, supervisory skills.
- Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and Hotel Management School is a plus
2 – 3 years prior experience in hotel operations