Sales Manager - Corporate
Full job details
Under the guidance of the Director of Sales, by application of professional and advanced sales skills, develop and maintain an account base within the corporate market, generating revenue and new business opportunities for the hotel.
Provide complete, professional, informative and efficient presentations and services to all prospective clients, while developing strong bonds of loyalty and excellent guest contact skills. This will include Soliciting FIT and group business that enables the hotel to meet and/or exceed revenue goals in rooms and food and beverage. Maintenance of updated company profiles in Opera Sales & Catering, face to face interviews with clients, negotiating rates/contracts and closing deals within parameters established by the Director of Sales. Carry out promotional activity e.g. FAM trips, educational site inspections, mailings and incentives, participate in sales blitzes, workshops as appropriate.
The Sales Manager is accountable for transient/ group business on an established account base consisting primarily of Key Accounts, Key prospects and Other Active Files. The account base will cover mainly embassies/consulates/trade offices, local trading companies, banks and multinational companies as well as some tour operators.
- Conduct a minimum of 5 sales calls per day
- Initiate action plans for developing Key Prospects and new business opportunities
- Profile and action leads which fall within the corporate market and develop action plans for achievement of room night and average rate goals
- Carry out, focused and innovate promotional activity e.g. Fam trips, educational site inspections, mailings and incentives, participate in sales blitzes, trade shows, workshops and sales trips as appropriate
- Maintain and prepare individual sales calls reports
- Maintain updated customer profiles/action plans
- Ensure Group information sheets are distributed at least one week prior to group arrival
- Regularly entertain during lunch or dinner at least 2 clients per week.
- Achieve room nights & revenue targets as set with the Director of Sales
- Enroll clients & guests in Marriott’s Loyalty programs as per targets given by the Director of Sales
- Update all reports required by the hotel in a timely manner
- Follow up on Group exit interviews
- Be fully knowledgeable regarding the property, ongoing promotions & upgrades
- Evaluate prospective client’s overall requirements, check for competitor hotels used and evaluate the client’s approximate business potential for our hotel.
- Following-up on all commitments made to a client in a timely manner and with all the details and services promised
- After closing a deal, take personal responsibility for the delivery of superior guest service through meticulous follow-up, ensuring that the client is satisfied and that service standards have been met
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Knowledge of all departments of hotel
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently
- Ability to establish and master goals. Ability to identify and develop accounts
- Ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, accounting programs, Microsoft Word, Excel and Opera Sales & Catering. Math skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Proactive individual who is a natural in influencing and convincing others
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Must have excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills
- Must have exceptional organizational, supervisory skills
- Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer
Bachelor degree required, additional education in sales and marketing fields preferred.
Previous experience in a similar capacity in a deluxe hotel