Outlet Captain Primary Location : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Makkah-Swissôtel Al Maqam Employee Status : Regular
“a passion for perfection” Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path. Outlet Captain For the following department: Food & Beverage Service Summary of Responsibilities: The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to the following:
- Perform and accomplish side duties and reports to be submitted.
- Maintain cleanliness of restaurant, collect requisitions, study and evaluate procedures and suggest improvements to Managers.
- To understand how to operate all the equipment used in the outlet.
- To fully understand and follow the hotel’s recycling program and procedures.
- To actively participate in all health and safety procedures for Cascades and the entire hotel.
- To follow all of safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Carrying out any miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as requested by your Manager pertaining to total quality service delivered in Restaurant.
- Follows Hotel’s telephone etiquette standards.
- Follows Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- To understand shift end reports, have knowledge of non-cash/cash transactions and procedures for depositing money into safe or collecting due backs.
- Ensures adherence to Swissotel Code of Ethics.
- To report on duty punctually, in full uniform according to appearance and grooming standards
- To promote and maintain a positive working relationship at all times with all the Colleagues in Swissotel Makkah.
- To consistently offer professional, friendly and warm service
- To demonstrate a complete understanding of Restaurant Policies & Procedures and Service Standards as outlined in the Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
- To have full knowledge of the Menu, Beverage lists in your outlet and all other special promotions taking place in the hotel. Knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods.
- To be able to answer any Guest questions about menu items in an informative and helpful way.
- Takeover duties from previous shift and handover properly to the next shift before signing off.
- Assist to seat guests and takes orders correctly.
- To serve all F & B to guests effectively.
- To set all different meal periods and able to turnover effectively for the next meal period.
- Takeover and handover of shift duties.
- Attend daily roll calls / briefings and follow up with any necessary follow ups.
- Assists in the setting up of the restaurant for the next meal period.
- To manage a station with another assigned team member or assist a team leader in running a station efficiently and effectively.
- Presents the F & B menu and up sell.
- Check all bills before presenting to guests and bid farewell
- Observe, evaluate operations and suggest improvements to AM or PM.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Must be physically fit.
- Basic F & B service experience(at least 1 year in a relevant field)
- Basic F & B service experience
- Language proficiency (spoken and written in Arabic & English)
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift